Waiver
Closed Thread

Thread: Waiver

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Waiver

I am currentlly working out on loosing a few pounds and on the IST to be able to enlist and go to MEPS. I have a quarter sleeve(tattoos) on my left arm, nothing offensive or anythig to disqualify me. It does vaguely shows while wearing a T-Shirt. The recruiter told me that it would have to be a waiver possibly due to it showing and my tattoos would have to reviewd by the commanding officer. I understand the MC has changed the Tattoo policy for enlistment. What is the possibility that the wavier can be approved? Anyone with a similiar situation or in the past? Thank you.

Let me ask you a question. How much time did you spend searching this topic?

When you posted your thread, just below it was a sticky. Did you read that sticky first?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97158

Very rarely now are tattoo waivers getting approved from what I understand. This subject has been covered repeatedly on these forums.

Unfortunately, the only option you may have is getting the tat removed before enlisting. That is generally what I am hearing now about tats and enlistment, you will more than likely have to get it removed.

None of the Marines here know if your tattoo waiver will be approved or not....it's not up to us.

On that note, do a search on the site as tattoo waivers have been asked and answered many times before.