Question about my MOS
Closed Thread

Question about my MOS

Hello, I have made this topic on a different account but I didn't know how to change profile information after the account was made but this account is official.

Anyways..
    I ship out to basic on May 29, 2012.
    Today, I have initialed and signed the paper for my MOS.
    CC Supply and Accounting.

The question is, am I allowed to switch my MOS ?
    If not, what are the pros/cons about this MOS ?

Some of you who make multiple accounts just because you can't change your status is a no-no. You had 2 options.....either post in the thread that you first started that you needed your status changed, or PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to change your status in your profile for you.
    There's nothing basic about Marine Corps boot camp. You want basic, that's the Army.
    And if you didn't want the MOS you just signed for, then why did you dign the papers in the first place?

Credits
    Savings
    Life lesson
    Unlike liberalize which is rampant today-----

You sign a contract-- prepare to fulfill it

Soo Yong, I am not sure why you would sign a contract with an MOS you knew nothing about, but be that as it may...here is a link that should help. Many resources on this page.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Marine+Corps+Su...Accounting+MOS

I ship out to basic on May 29, 2012.
    Basic, eh?

The question is, am I allowed to switch my MOS ?
    Go 4 years and LAT move or suck it up. One thing I wouldn't recommend is failing the MOS School, but you do that and you look like a turd. Just saying.

If not, what are the pros/cons about this MOS ?

Why are you worried about Pros/Cons right now? You haven't even went through Boot Camp yet. Once you go through Boot Camp, MCT, and MOS School, then you can start THINKING about your pros/cons.

Quote Originally Posted by
    If not, what are the pros/cons about this MOS ?[/I
    Why are you worried about Pros/Cons right now? You haven't even went through Boot Camp yet. Once you go through Boot Camp, MCT, and MOS School, then you can start THINKING about your pros/cons.

I think he may be saying what are the benefits and disadvantages of this MOS... I doubt he even has a clue about what pros and cons are... but who knows.

As for the pros/cons.. I'd say everyone is different. If you like accounting and think you'd like to know more about it, hell, go into it. If you like mechanics be a mechanic. If you just will do anything and will eat s%$# with a grin on your face.. go open contract.

Also, the recruiter's job is to sell the job to you...do research on your own and then ask him detailed things.

Best of luck to you,

LCpl Yonkers

Thank you all for your helpful answers, I got what I needed to know . Close thread please.

Closed at the OP request.

Thread Information