Avaition Mechanic Questions
Create Post

Avaition Mechanic Questions

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

Brief Info: I am a poolee in the DEP program, and I ship out 20120117. I am going to San Diego, CAL. I am (hopefully) going into the USMC to be an Aviation Mechanic.

Questions: I have absolutely no idea how to fix planes/Helicopters, and I was wondering if a Marine on this forum who is in the Aviation Mechanic field could tell me what training is like. I know my first challenge is to get through Boot camp and MCT, but I quess my worry is the process of training for my job. Is training a lot of book work, or is it a lot of hands on training? Do they work with you and help you to understand concepts and the interworkings of the Plane/Helicopter, or is it "welp you don't get it, c'ya". Also, I am under the impression based on what my cousin (who is a Marine) has told me, that you take a general aviation class and based on your scores there will decided the who gets to pick first? Is this true, or did I misunderstand?

Also, What is fleet life like in the Aviation Mechanic field? Are you deployed a lot more, or are you more settled?

I would greatly appreciate any feed back from any Marine who wants to input their advice on these matters.

Thank you,
    Brandon

This is why we encourage wannabes and poolees to do a search first before posting.........

Aviation Mechanics?
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ition+Mechanic

Thank you Sir, and I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonLehr View Post
    Thank you Sir,
    This is why we also encourage others to check out ones profile before saying Sir or Ma'am.

Yes Ma'm.. I think I justed had a Homer Simpson moment where I say "Duhoo!.. I think I will chug on over to the Rules and get some knowledge before I make another post. I am very sorry..

Thank you for your redirection to a post directly related to my questions.

Have a good day,
    Brandon

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    This is why we also encourage others to check out ones profile before saying Sir or Ma'am.

Sic 'em Lisa... lmao....

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    Sic 'em Lisa... lmao....

Thread Information