My tattoos can go but I'm keeping my desire to be a Marine
Closed Thread
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question My tattoos can go but I'm keeping my desire to be a Marine

I see plenty of topics on tattoos but has it been seen that after tattoo removal enlistment occurred? I have a tattoo on each wrist 1"x2" in size 1 1/2" from my wrists which obviously is a DQ. I'm not gonna whine I'm gonna remove them no matter what anyone here says, Im just curious if it's heard of.

Also I was wondering about these college credits that are required for us GED holders, at 27 years old I'm a certified Wind Turbine Technichian and have a lot of "continuing education units" from courses such as NFPA 70E/ Arc Flash Electrical Safety with High Voltage, Fall Provention and Protection, Climbing Training,Conflict Resolution, Leadership Skills, Teamwork Skills, Vital Listening and Communication Skills, Supervisory Skills for Managers and maaaanny more all held at community colleges and training centers. I have heard of people being accepted with Job Corp credits transferring to college credits because "the book" said they were, are there any specifics on this? Is there a rule for CEU's to college credits in the Marines? I hope that mine could be and it's not one more DQ because I didn't go to college for a semester to learn some more Social Studies or go to Job Core....

My Grandpa was a Col. For the Army my dad a StfSgnt. My uncle a Ranger and alot more family in Different services. I've worked hard to make over 6 figures a yr at only 27 with only a GED to find that this isn't were I wanted to be and I'm willing to give it all up in a second to be a Marine Soldier and none of the aforementioned will stop me.

Thank you all for your time, and your service.
    Christopher Francois

A bit more of a profile than just a first and last name would be helpful....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    You want straight up honest answers....go and talk with a recruiter face-to-face. The recruiters are the only ones who can give you the most current up-to-date info about your situation and answers you're looking for.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ok on the info, I should have stated I did talk to a recruiter today, drove an hour and a half to the closest one. These are just questions that didn't come to mind at the time.

Search the forum. Tatoo question is asked frequently. Start with this.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97158

It's great you are motivated, your family has a tradition of service (which is nice but once in the Corps you'll be judged on what YOU do not what your ancestors did). But do some searching, this one has been gone over multiple times.

15 credits is 15 credits. College credits. BUT, only a recruiter can answer this. Get the tats removed, then go see him/her.

Thread Information