SGT Henry, Charles F.
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member sempergumby1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

SGT Henry, Charles F.

(Age 27) Went home to be with the Lord on October 13, 2011. He passed away in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Charles was born November 20, 1984 in Enid, Oklahoma to Fredrick and Linda Henry. He graduated from Mary Walker High in Springdale, WA where he met his wrestling coach and mentor, Kyle Dodge. It was in high school where he met his best friend and wife to be, Heaven Spiry. It was also during his senior year that he signed up for the Marines. On December 11, 2004 Charles and Heaven were married in Springdale by Pastor Sonny Clemmer while Charles was home from basic training. After graduating the school of infantry, Camp Pendleton, CA, he was assigned to his first unit, 3rd Battalion 7th Marines India Company aboard MCAGCC Twenty Nine Palms, CA where he completed two tours in Iraq as a basic rifleman. He re-enlisted in 2007. Charles then went on to complete a tour aboard MWTC in Bridgeport, CA as a Mountain Warfare Instructor. He LAT moved into Crash Fire Rescue and completed training at DOD Fire Academy on Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo, TX. After graduation he was assigned to MWSS 272 aboard MCAS New River in Jacksonville, NC and then completed a tour to Afghanistan leaving the US March 13th and returning home September 19th. Charles enjoyed shooting, skiing, skateboarding, and climbing. Heaven jokingly called Charles a dreamer and a schemer for his many plans of starting his own adventures. He was also a giving person and even donated stem cells to a person in Washington, DC with Leukemia. Charles is survived by his wife Heaven at home; sons Samuel and Elijah; father Fred; mother in-law Sandra; sisters LaVonna, Misty, Katrina, Jewell and Emmy; two nephews, eight aunts, five uncles and several cousins. Charles is preceded in death by his grandparents; mother Linda; and uncles David, Harold and John. In Charles' death we have lost a husband, father, son, brother and friend and a Marine who fought for his country. We will love and miss you always. The family invites you to join with them in mourning his death and celebrating his life at the funeral service held Saturday, October 22nd at 10:00am at the Springdale Community Church with burial to follow at the Woodland Cemetery in Deer Park. Visitation will be Friday, 9-5pm at Heritage Funeral Home, Spokane.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIP, Marine.

How did he die?

Marine Spouse Free Member sempergumby1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    self inflicted gunshot wound to the head

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sempergumby1 View Post
    self inflicted gunshot wound to the head

Crap. I'm really sorry to hear that.

I have some understanding how you feel. I've lost military and police officer friends that way, including a guy from my academy class. It hurts.

My prayers for Charles, for you, and your family. Feel free to pop in here any time if you want to talk to any of us.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIP Marine.
    Prayers Outbound to All.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Ah Man,Very Sorry to Hear this.My Deepest Prayers out to Sgt Henry,Charles,F. and His Family.Rest in Peace my Brother,your Tortures are Over.May You find Peace with the Lord in Heaven.This is happening alot to Our Returning Troops.It's the Horrors of War.God Bless Your Husband and You.Words Cannot Express,Your Loss.Believe that there is a Heaven and He is Watching Over You and Your Family.God Bless You and Him. SEMPER FI.

Ah Man,Very Sorry To Hear about This.May the Lord Watch Over Him and His Family.This is Happening A Lot to Our Retuning Troops.Words Cannot Express my Deepest Prayers.Believe that There Is A Heaven,and He is In The Hands Of The Lord. Semper Fi My Brother,your Tortures are Over.

I know You are not His Wife.I could not Correct This,God Bless You Ofcause Also.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    May the Lords hands be upon you and the Family. He is now guarding the gates of Heaven. RIP Marine.

Simper Fi.

Thread Information