Weapons on Base
Create Post

Thread: Weapons on Base

Weapons on Base

I have a question about weapons on base. I know you have to check it into the armory, But how hard is it to check your weapons out of the armory?

Thanks for all of your respones,
    Poolee Lewis

worry about this later, and inconspicuously ask your ncos about it when you get to the fleet.

Quite frankly, it's a complete pain in the arse. If you live in base housing usually you can have the weapon. Otherwise, really, it's not worth your trouble.

Thanks for your replies. This answers my question.

I'll add, do you really want other people having access to your weapon(s)??

I sure wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I'll add, do you really want other people having access to your weapon(s)??

I sure wouldn't.
    No sir, now that you put it like that I definitely would not. Guess I'll just wait until i get married and move off base before I purchase one. That seems like the best thing to do.

Yup. Or just keep it at your parents if they allow it, if you REALLY have to have something (that's what I did...my first check from Recruit Training wen to buy a 44 Magnum with an 8 inch barrell LOL). My next check went to buy a 12 ga pump shotgun.

So I feel your pain. But you def do NOT want to put that stuff in the armory. Just my opinion.

That's probably what I'll do. Just leave it at my parents house. I just always wanted to buy a pistol when I turned 21 but I don't want other people to have access to it. I have always wanted a Kimber and have been saving for a while for it. I definitely dont want other peoples hands on that.

I'm guessing this question is about the fleet, but you need to worry about boot camp first, and while you're there, you get your weapon when you're told and you put it away when you're told, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Thread Information