Son wants to be a Marine
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Son wants to be a Marine

Not sure if I have the right forum for this question, but my 19 year old son wants to be a Marine. Problem is, he has admitted to use of marijuana 20 times in the past two years and was arrested for shoplifting at the base exchange.

I was more concerned about the drug use, but the Marine recruiter seems to be more concerned about the shoplifiting. Shoplifting was a $50 video game at an Air Force Exchange. Base police arrested him, but since he was over 18, contacted local police. Local police elected to not press charges, so the only record of the incident is in the base police blotter. The only record of the drug use is his admission in the recruiter's office.

As a 26 year Air Force member, I'm well aware that the best thing for my son (been hanging with a bad crowd) is to get himself into any military service. Air Force denied him flat out due to the drugs and shoplifting. When I took him to the Marine recruiter, they said it should not be an issue, but that they would be checking into the details of his background.

I've kept him locked down in my house since the shoplifting incident and I want him to succeed in life, but I'm concerned about his eligibility for any military branch at this point.

My question is, is it likely that he will be accepted for service in the Marines with his history at this point, and if so, how detrimental will his actions be to a successful Marine career?

He's capable of being a good, productive member of society, but I strongly believe that he needs the structure and discipline provided by a military lifestyle.

Any help/info is appreciated.

Meable

Hello,

can anyone give me a reply for it.

why is it a bad idea from the SEO perspective to host free articles and write ups that are very common on the internet?

How to pass a drug test

The recruiting office will have the most accurate information. First, the drug usage. It will come down to a drug waiver. A recruiter can be more specific regarding usage times vs waiver level. Second, the shoplifting. Convictions and pending charges are what the recruiters are interested in. They will do several police checks, if it is not a comviction, should not be a problem. However, inevitably it comes down to that specific RS, the specific RSS office, and what their mission looks like regarding what they will work with.

Thread Information