number of jarheads
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

number of jarheads

A article in Navy Times stated that the total number of Marines was north of 227,000. I seem to recall that to go above 200,000 except for variances due to recruit vs. retirement, eas, etc. the Corps needed Congresional approval or a Declaration of War? As we all know the Corps has neither. I am thinking this was an omnibus autorization after 9/11? Just VERY curious on this as it's quite a bit above the set troop strength.

Last I seen it was 202k but they plan on drawing down to 186k. If you keep up with the maradmin's you can see the start of this with VERP and to new 10 year policy to pick up SSgt

Credits
    Savings
    10 yrs to get SSgt... I've been out awhile but some MOS's that was typical time-in-grade to get SSgt. So I guess you'd also have to do your Drill, Recruiter, etc. tour sooner might gues one would do it as soon as you get Cpl.?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I didn't even make the zone until my 12 year mark and that was fairly normal and I was competitive with my peers. In the infantry you would have really had to be on a fast track to be wearing a rocker at 10 years. My how things have changed.

Thread Information