Is this seriously all the love yall have for our saviors? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Let me tell you something Marine-I joined the Navy to stay out of Nam.Half my FMF-Corpsman class got killed or Maimed real bad.Who are you to Judge Corpsman.Their Spit is better than you.You wanna hear about Corpsman cutting off legs and arms?Some Coldly,some Sadly......What bad Corpsman? Dude...You Do What you Can-for Your Marine Brothers.Semper Fi..........

Also-I would like to give Credit to the Doctors and Corpsman of the Third Marine Division.The Casualties there were so bad-that Doctors and Corpsman lost their minds.The Question is-How Much can You Take-Before You Become In- Human? I met some.Me I got a Good Heart, but I maybe Crazy-I'm not In Denial.Corpsman make Good Hit-men .I prefer to be Decent even if Nice Guys Come in Last.You Are What You Is...............End Of Line..................

I was at Charlie Med (sometimes called 3rd Medical Bn. 65..66). Dont you ever open your your young,stupid mouth about the Docks.It is not just about the Nam, they have the same history to live up to as we do.GOD bless our BROTHER docks.

The above message was for our new friend "SLUG". I think the name fits.

Doc Raymond W.Mason,Most of my Corpsman friends,were mounted out from the 5th Marine Div-to the Third Marine Div.I know the Story of 3rd Med.You Corpsman were Great-and I Respect you -more than I can say......God Bless You for the Lives you Saved........................................Wildm an from the Bronx Out.First Med-you Guys know -you taut me not to Faint.......Friend To Those Corpsman in Triage-Sept 68 to August 69......Thanks for the sandwiches....Wildman from the Bronx-Out.

To Doc W:

I was a Marine at Charlie Med that had the pleasure to help out.

Hmm my computer froze-I must have a Virus-Any Way,Raymond W.Mason, Marine-you saw plenty -I know Third Med was a Hot Place.I wasn't at First Med often but when I got stuck there-I learned a lot.So did All my Corpsman Friends from MWSG-17.We had our own 16 bed Triage-that was used.I believe We got a Unit Citation-but it's not on my DD214.I have to ask Dr.John J. Merjavy about that.By the way Shayne is one of my Favorite movies also.Alan Ladd, Jack Palance,Forgot the Wife's Name-She was in High Noon also.........04:38 now on the clock.Very nice speaking to you Raymond.After a while in Nam,nothing Medical Borthered me-but I'll never forget the Corpsman that told me to think of Arterial Bleeding-as Motor Oil from a Car-from First Med.I don't remember his name-but I remember him.He was thin,about 6ft tall,and worked in the Triage Area-I would love to shake his hand and Hug him.He made me a Good Corpsman.When I think of him,I Bless him.The Super is supposed to come later today and fix my Air-conditioner-I got a dripping on it-like the Chinese Water Torture-but at least it's not dripping on my Forehead.......Bless you Marine and Semper Fi-Always--Gotta get some ZZZZZZ's-Adios for now......

Oh, I did not sleep yet thinking about Vietnam-I'm really speaking about the Third Marine Division,that's the 3rd Med I was speaking about.The one in Da nang-I don't know much about,Sorry- .The 3rd Marine Division Med Hospital--?I know it took some direct hits like the Medical Hospital in Fu-Buy-Pardon my spelling.I have been told and I know about the 3rd Marine DIV Medical Hospital.They handled an Extreme number of Casualities-so much in fact-that it Hurt the Doctors and Corpsman there.I'm sure third Med in Danang was pretty Heavy like First Med Hospital in Danang also-Just wanted to correct that-You are All my Brothers no-matter where you were or are Now.......Cant sleep I'm all Fuked Up-The Super will be here in 1/2 hour-might as well go to Morning Zephyr-By the Way Doc Smith from First Med-I know You-You were too good looking to be in the Bush-The Combat Bush,that is----Remember Me?What was the Name of that White guy that told me to sit Down-and eat a sandwich-that talked about Motor Oil-instead of Blood?-All my Respect to you and Marine Raymond W. Mason from Third Med in Danang........I was kinda Bald-but was in great shape......Bronx Boy-Wildman from the Bronx-Remember my friend Alan W.Croll HM3-He was in Reactionary platoon-He drove the Cracker Boxes to First Med-many times.WE-and I don't mean a turd in my pocket-From MWSG-17-the Nice Brick EM-Club.......Any Clue?.....................................Bye for now..........

Ofcause I was thinner and much better looking then.......I bought a magic wand to scan some pictures in from Home Shopping Center-but it doesn't work so good-or else I'm an idiot-that hasn't scanned right......

Personally loved my Plt.'s corpsmen. Had two bad eggs in the lot but the rest of em were spot on and I trusted them with my life. The two that were bad just had the wrong priorities and the wrong build.

One too small, too skinny, couldn't open the door on the MRAP when they pulled up to HMMWV after we'd been hit by an IED. His vehicle commander had to open it from the outside for him. Good doc, great motivation, horrible execution.

The other one had the wrong priorities.. Upon escaping from a truck that was threatening to roll into a river (Driver mistake) he grabbed his camera bag and his ipod rather than his medical bag.

We'd be nothing without or Doc's, love em to death, much respect.

Really? You really think that every single corpsman is automatically some sort of god? You must me mad. I've been around my share of corpsmen that were downright worthless. They were always the weak link on patrol, they were weak mentally, they couldn't do their job, one of them couldn't even correctly do an IV! I do not understand how you could so blindly group every last one of yourselves together. How about this, admit that the group is human just like every group, that you have bad mixed in with the good and get over yourself.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    typical. Now Sin City will enlighten us too

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Personally loved my Plt.'s corpsmen. Had two bad eggs in the lot but the rest of em were spot on and I trusted them with my life. The two that were bad just had the wrong priorities and the wrong build.

One too small, too skinny, couldn't open the door on the MRAP when they pulled up to HMMWV after we'd been hit by an IED. His vehicle commander had to open it from the outside for him. Good doc, great motivation, horrible execution.

The other one had the wrong priorities.. Upon escaping from a truck that was threatening to roll into a river (Driver mistake) he grabbed his camera bag and his ipod rather than his medical bag.

We'd be nothing without or Doc's, love em to death, much respect.
    What do you mean you had 2 bad eggs in the lot? Just how many Corpsmen are assigned to a plt. now days.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I can say this . They were more than just someone to patch you up, and try to keep you alive. Often times, when they had done all they could, and a Marine wasn't going to make it. He's the one that held you and calmed you and talked to you, while your life faded away. Many times under fire. On the battle field, you didn't have much time for IVs. The last face I saw in Nam, was the Corpsman face, that saved my life, and three other Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    Really? You really think that every single corpsman is automatically some sort of god? You must me mad. I've been around my share of corpsmen that were downright worthless. They were always the weak link on patrol, they were weak mentally, they couldn't do their job, one of them couldn't even correctly do an IV! I do not understand how you could so blindly group every last one of yourselves together. How about this, admit that the group is human just like every group, that you have bad mixed in with the good and get over yourself.
    THATS OKAY SLUG I KNOW I DEALT WITH YOUR KIND BEFORE , YOU HAVE LOW SELFESTEEM AND LIKE TO TAKE IT OUT ON SOMEONE ELSE. THATS OKAY YOU WANTED TO BLOW OFF SOME STEAM, I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER NOW

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Thread Information