How long is/was your delayed entry? How about now since we're "pulling troops out"
Create Post

Question How long is/was your delayed entry? How about now since we're "pulling troops out"

Kind of annoying: I called the recruiter in Connecticut (I am moving there) to ask a few questions. One being "how long do you think I'll be in the DEP 'til I ship?
    ... I couldn't even get an estimate out of him

So I was wondering how long your DEP lasted
    &
    Any recruiters online that could give me an estimate? (need any info from me just ask)

Thanks 's a Wannabees

Try doing a search,many answers already in the forum.It can be anywhere from a weeks after MEPS to about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by NewSchool View Post
    Kind of annoying: I called the recruiter in Connecticut (I am moving there) to ask a few questions. One being "how long do you think I'll be in the DEP 'til I ship?
    ... I couldn't even get an estimate out of him

So I was wondering how long your DEP lasted
    &
    Any recruiters online that could give me an estimate? (need any info from me just ask)

Thanks 's a Wannabees
    Annoying? Less than 1% of the population has what it takes to become a Marine. You should be thankful that you have not been disqualified at this point.

Typical wait for an active duty slot is between 8-9 months as of right now, unless there is a hot fill that opens up and you don't care what job you get. Some areas in the nation do not even ENLIST people into the DEP during the summer months because they are so backed up.

He can't give you a direct estimate because the situation is not black and white like you expect it to be. There is a large amount of gray area in recruiting. Try not to expect perfection because you will be let down.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    Typical wait for an active duty slot is between 8-9 months as of right now, unless there is a hot fill that opens up and you don't care what job you get. Some areas in the nation do not even ENLIST people into the DEP during the summer months because they are so backed up.
    Good luck.
    I appreciate the no BS (but also on point/informative) answer.

This was exactly what I was looking for so thank you, Sir. When my friend joined it was typically a three month wait so as you can see there is a significant difference.

I understand completely of what an honor it is to be a Marine and I'd even call myself undeserving if I was so immature/ignorant as to be whining about the Corps not "catering" to my needs (the thought of it makes me laugh). I merely was inquiring an estimate after he was filled in on my medical, PT, MOS field etc... I'll never expect perfection of any system, but I'll make damn sure to give everything for excellence.

Cheers

Thread Information