PI First Female Commander - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    I spent one night there ( Treasure Island ) as I was headed overseas but went to town and got drunk so the little animals did not have long to settle in on me. We boarded our plane at the Air Force base and flew a long time across the waters.

More memories.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus1 View Post
    I spent one night there ( Treasure Island ) as I was headed overseas but went to town and got drunk so the little animals did not have long to settle in on me. We boarded our plane at the Air Force base and flew a long time across the waters.
    We flew from Cherry Point to Cal., laid over as described. No chance fo4r liberty. We took off the next morning for that looong ride across the the big puddle. Di d you land on Johnstons Island? We were told, that the highest point on the Island was Twelve feet above Sea level. Coming down, you look out the windows on either side of the plane, It looks like you're landing in the water, and that damned plane was not6 amphibious!! The Pilots thought it was fun.Are all fliers insane, or just Navy and Marines?? S/F!! Ken

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    crotch crickets
    Lighter fluid and ice pick warfare?

That works.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Lighter fluid and ice pick warfare?
    Another methode was to pour some cheap rotgut on the affected area then throw on a fistful of sand. The little buggers will get drunk, and being nasty drunks, they start throwing rocks at each other, aqnd beat each other to death. You're buying , right Chuck?? S/F!! Ken

Credits
    Savings
    Kenrob30 Yes the pilots told us to look out the window as he banked around and asked if we seen that little spot in the ocean. Then he told us - By the way that is where we are landing! That got all of our attention real quick and I was happy to see that little place get as big as it did as we landed. It is a very small place and I sure would not like to get it as a duty station!!!!!!

A new day??

Let me get this said, before I go off on a tangent again. Congratulation General, May you enjoy your new command. Yesterday got a little out of hand for me, and yes, it did embarrass me. Wrong posts, on the wrong thread. S/F!! Ken

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus1 View Post
    Kenrob30 Yes the pilots told us to look out the window as he banked around and asked if we seen that little spot in the ocean. Then he told us - By the way that is where we are landing! That got all of our attention real quick and I was happy to see that little place get as big as it did as we landed. It is a very small place and I sure would not like to get it as a duty station!!!!!!
    Off topic.. BUT I can relate... When I was medivaced out they flew me to the LPH Iwo Jima... same thing.. I asked where were we landing... , they said" See that lil spot in the ocean?"

A lot of water!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH View Post
    Off topic.. BUT I can relate... When I was medivaced out they flew me to the LPH Iwo Jima... same thing.. I asked where were we landing... , they said" See that lil spot in the ocean?"
    I never saw Iwo Chuck, so I don't know how big it is. Johnstons Is. is as I recall, just a little wider than two Carriers, and the runway starts in the ocean and e4nds in the ocean.. It makes you feel real secure when you get off the plane and look at it. Air planes use up more ground going up than they do coming down, or so I was told, and Having gotten aquanted with Commander O'Shea, I'm sure he would not mislead me. S?F!! Ken

Thread Information