Series of Questions from a future Marine! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousWarrior View Post
    i was wondering when a bloke like you would show up...you are right to a point but the main reason is just pure lack of exercise. You should read down a little lower next time. Stigma's are ignorant. Don't assume just because someone is out of shape that they over-eat as that is not my case. Also a recruiter might very well turn me away based on just how out of shape i am but i could be wrong and welcome any correction. Thanks for the comment anyway though!
    Your very welcome.

By the way, we have a place for you in recruit training called The Hog Farm.

I would suggest you grow some thick skin if you are going to be posting on this forum.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Your very welcome.

I would suggest you grow some thick skin if you are going to be posting on this forum.
    i actually wasnt making a big deal about it. i took no real offense. I am a pretty laid back guy so literally its not a bother. Obviously i dont have a problem with admitting im out of shape since i am on here in the first place so im not sure where the getting some thick skin thing came from but whatever. i mean common man your self esteem must be done for... but anyway some constructive feedback would be apprecated instead of bull****

Here is some constructive feedback. You don't have to like it but if you want to remain a member of this website you better believe it.

1. It does not appear you have taken the time to read the site rules for wannabes (that's you and you posted in the wrong forum as you are not a Marine). So, the first piece of constructive feedback is to take about ten minutes and read the rules. If you don't read the rules, and continue to break them, your time here will be very short as wannabes discover every day. You do not have the right to be on this website; it is a privilege which can and will be taken away from you (believe it or not).

2. Look under the poster's name. In your case, it says "Marine friend" (or wannabe). If it says Marine, then that person has earned the title you claim to aspire to some day. You WILL respect that title on this website which, you may have missed, is for and ran by Marines. That means, no attitudes and snide remarks. You come on our forum and ask us questions then you open yourself up for our answers...period. Some wannabes like the answers and some don't. We don't care either way. We don't care if you stay on this forum or if your account is deleted tomorrow. We DO care if you are disrespectful to a Marine and it will not be tolerated.

3. Final piece of constructive feedback. The attitude stops today. Now, go read the rules for poolees and wannabes...it's important.

Dang Top!! Sick 'em!!

CuriousWarrior....you have some work to do. I'll see if I can find this kick butt work out list. Actually, it's just a warm up. But at the rate you explain, it may be a good start. You are in a position that you don't need to worry about what the Corps will accept. You need to get your height/weight in check for health reasons. It's a tough regemine to start and stick with but well worth it. Anything is possible if you have the heart.

Top is right. Wannabe's come on here and ask all sorts of advise. You aren't just talking to super motivators here. You are talking to Marines of many eras of conflict. Some are tolerant of bs. Others attack it like a lion does fresh meat.

Bottom line, respect those you ask advice from. And then take their advise. Don't whine and come up with excuses or what if's. And don't pizz in your boots when someone says something you don't like. It is what it is.

Wildwoman73,

It is our website and our rules. They can play by our rules or get extricated...simple. Besides, respecting the title Marine should not be difficult anyway. Unfortunately, many learn the hard way.

See you updated your avatar pic...nice!

Your very welcome.

,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousWarrior View Post
    i was wondering when a bloke like you would show up...you are right to a point but the main reason is just pure lack of exercise. You should read down a little lower next time. Stigma's are ignorant. Don't assume just because someone is out of shape that they over-eat as that is not my case. Also a recruiter might very well turn me away based on just how out of shape i am but i could be wrong and welcome any correction. Thanks for the comment anyway though!
    Lucky you didn't meet Gunny in recruit training, Semper Fidelis.

Thank you Top. I also added a few more to each album. I either finally figured out how or the glitch became resolved.

Credits
    Savings
    This is a way bigger deal than i was making it but i understand where you guys are coming from for sure so ....fair enough...

Credits
    Savings
    Curious
    I connect with your frame size
    My step dad #2 was 6-5 300 lbs
    He set telephone poles for a living before a lot of equipment was introduced
    A Bull

His service was in the Army

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Posts 12 and 17 indicate possible troll material.
    No its really not. I was just addressing the pointlessness of his initial comment. Can you tell me what it added to this thread? Anyway its done so no point worrying about it. Please move on...

I imagine you have a High School or College in your city. Why don't you take some initative and go there and use their track which usually is around the football field. One lap is 1/4 Mile. Start with that and increase your speed and laps as you improve your weight loss. I always found that for running, early morning is best. By early, I am talking 6:00 AM, not 9:00 AM.

I imagine you have a High School or College in your city. Why don't you take some initative and go there and use their track which usually is around the football field. One lap is 1/4 Mile. Start with that and increase your speed and laps as you improve your weight loss. I always found that for running, early morning is best. By early, I am talking 6:00 AM, not 9:00 AM.
    Good idea.

I will only add again that *eating habits* must be addressed or one will be taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards in achieving one's goals.

Carry on.....

Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    Good idea.

I will only add again that *eating habits* must be addressed or one will be taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards in achieving one's goals.

Carry on.....
    Yepper's, I would say what you eat will come back to haunt you. Stay away from all fast food joints and eat healthy.

Credits
    Savings
    Yepper's, I would say what you eat will come back to haunt you. Stay away from all fast food joints and eat healthy.
    yeah the college track is definitely a possibility but i would have to go to a different college than the one i currently go to in order to do that because they are a little anal on who gets access to the track. Ill definitely look into it a little later on when school starts back up and i can afford gas again. Part-Time pay isnt much money at all. As for fast food and what not, trust me that is not an issue. Pretty much all fast food is nasty so i steer clear anyway. Eating too much is definitely not a significant problem for me. If anything i eat too little such as i eat maybe 2 meals a day (lunch and late dinner). Ive heard the eating breakfast is essential to a health metabolism so perhaps i should start doing that. Plus i eat about an hour or so before i go to sleep often times. I have also heard the not eating enough basically puts your body into a "save everything" kind of mode, so any food i take in could very well be stored. Like i said before, im not your typical "fatty" (haha) who eats Big Mac everyday or is constantly drinking sodas. I do drink more sodas than i should but i mainly drink water which is a good thing.

By the way, even though i still disagree with the purpose of your first two posts, i still apologize for the way i handled my responses...for what its worth anyway.

Thanks!

Thread Information