So an Army recruiter called me today - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    What makes this discussion so impressive is the maturity. Such a conversation would go all to hell on most other sites. This speaks volumes about the quality of people who are present here. I've learned that age does not always equal maturity. It's something you either have or do not have.
    That is true. I was sort of surprised myself that it didn't go badly. I might have to tap you for more knowledge about the Army if I end up going that route. There is a high probability that may happen by years end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    I can see where it could go badly, but it really shouldn't. I mean, we're all on the same side. We can joke around about the other services, but still-----
    I think its usually when you have younger people especially on the Army side that it goes badly. I have a few friends who are Army as well and they will tell you themselves that they to believe the Marine Corps as a whole is more disciplined and a lot of the things we say but that they still loved every second they were in the Army and its also up to each soldier to determine whether they decide to be average or "be all they can be"(still think that was way better than "an Army of One") I've also noticed a lot of them also served in units who have always had a storied history and prided themselves on being better than the "rest" of the Army. As a matter of fact I think all of them are either Rangers, part of the 101st, 82cnd, or 10th Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    That is true. I was sort of surprised myself that it didn't go badly. I might have to tap you for more knowledge about the Army if I end up going that route. There is a high probability that may happen by years end.
    That's fine. Out of the gate I can tell you to talk with them in the fall. That is when more job options open up. A recruiter told me that.

That's fine. Out of the gate I can tell you to talk with them in the fall. That is when more job options open up. A recruiter told me that.
    Yea I was going to wait till then because of the fiscal year.

I've been trying to find a good source forum for the Rangers and their history but I don't know enough to know whats accurate and whats not.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    Yea I was going to wait till then because of the fiscal year.

I've been trying to find a good source forum for the Rangers and their history but I don't know enough to know whats accurate and whats not.

Join this site. Use the search function first. What you do not find ask in the Ranger forum. Great guys on that site.

http://www.socnet.com/index.php

This is another good site. Let them know you were a Marine. That way you'll get some respect. Good guys there too.

http://www.armyranger.com/

Join this site. Use the search function first. What you do not find ask in the Ranger forum. Great guys on that site.

http://www.socnet.com/index.php
    Thanks. I had seen that site on here once before I think in one of the threads outing a posure but forgot it.

I definitely will research the site before I post up a useless thread.

Thread Information