Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tones847 View Post
    Looking for some advice from Marines
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post

Don't eat yellow snow.....
    #2 don't spit into the wind
    #3 don't try to pi** up a rope

He's probly telling the truth about there being no slots. When I came in I had the same issue it was going to be a 6 month wait to ship to boot camp then at least another 6 after bootcamp before ITB. So I came in as an MP. I was at my first duty station for almost a year before the 03's I knew from the dep finally hit the fleet. If its worth waiting to you then tell them you'll only go as an 03, but know that the Corps as a whole is pretty full right now so it may be a pretty long wait.

#4...don't tug on superman's cape!

This is fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tones847 View Post
    Tennesse Top, did you not see the part of my post where I said there's nothing more that I want than to be fighting with Marines? I never said anything about having a desire to speak with the Army, so how is your post giving me advice? I mean no disrespect, but my request for advice is serious, if I requested for people to 'Troll' me than your post would make complete sense.
    Yes, I did read that part and I know you never said anything about having a desire to speak with the Army.

It's just that you're whining so much I figured the Army would suit your needs better. Their motto is "Be all you can be" and since it's all about you they just seem like a better fit.

Back in the Vietnam era (before the all-volunteer force), nobody ever asked us what job we would like, but we still managed somehow. And, if we didn't like what our recruiter told us guess what...we either joined anyway (because we wanted to be a Marine) or we didn't...amazing concept isn't it?

Now, I know you're going to say "well it ain't the Vietnam era anymore" and you are correct. In the all-volunteer military, you get catered to a little more (I can't figure out why since we have more people serving today than we need).

You asked for advice so here goes. If you don't like what your recruiter is telling you then don't enlist...that was easy.

And, the MSgt gets the last word. Why? Because I said so. Get used to THAT line, too...throughout the military.

Question asked and answered.

Thread Information