PT in water
Create Post

Thread: PT in water

PT in water

I asked my recruiter if we can PT in the water, somewhere like a pool and he said yes(Im bored of PT in a park). I cant find a place were we can do this and want to ask if anybody knows a place. We PT in Culver City, CA but we can PT in an area close by; around area codes 90304, 90301, etc.

Call the closet YMCA or High School

I cant PT in some of these pools, so yeah it is hard

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You're in california and can't swim, wtf is wrong with you boy?

No one said i cant swim so read carefully before stating something and use correct grammar.

PT in water is a good idea. It will get you in shape all around and will help you with your swim qualification. I am on the varsity swim team for my high school and I have got to say it has really improved my cardio performance whether it be swimming or running.

Well, the problem with that (IMO) is that if you have kids who couldn't swim in a sink let alone a pool, then it may become a swimming lesson as opposed to actual PT since I know at our RSS, somehow nearly half of the Poolees can't swim despite living right on the Pacific Ocean. Plus, a lot more stuff can go wrong. You pass out on a grass field, get a grass stain, maybe a boo boo. Pass out in a pool.... that is the recruiters ass right there. I'm sure they would love to PT in a pool. But the liability seems to outweigh the benefits. Once agian, that was just my $0.02, and I know that I would rather get slayed in a park, then get slaved in a pool while other Poolees get to use floaties and learn how to doggy paddle.

Your recruiter said yes? All my recruiters at my station and the Marines that work at the Main RS said they are not allowed to organize a PT in the water without a swim quallified Navy Corpsman present....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jeonpaolo View Post
    Your recruiter said yes? All my recruiters at my station and the Marines that work at the Main RS said they are not allowed to organize a PT in the water without a swim quallified Navy Corpsman present....
    I would assume his recruiter meant on their own time so he isn't liable.

Last edited by Domc; 03-26-11 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Grammar

We have a qualified Navy Corpsman

Quote Originally Posted by RojasM View Post
    We have a qualified Navy Corpsman
    Lucky. They told us it takes around 5 months to process the paperwork to get one

Thread Information