Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vetting Process

What's a dd214, I wonder if I have one?

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Come on Doc. The Navy didn't have DD214's when you got out, did they?
    Yes they did, it was carved on stone tablet like the Ten Commandments!!!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....HERE, you've just been "VETTED"!!...Attachment 9049......

Last edited by DocGreek; 05-13-11 at 11:53 AM.

Doc: Don't rock the boat, please. Suggest you put the top up on your vetted. Might rain.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    .....HERE, you've just been "VETTED"!!...Attachment 9049......
    Nice ride Doc, you parked outside of Hooters??

You do a vetting and you will lose half or more of the posters.

Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    You do a vetting and you will lose half or more of the posters.
    That could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    That could be good.

And It Could Be Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooger View Post
    And It Could Be Bad.
    Yes, it could, but over the years I've seen so much turnover of folks on this site that I don't think it will be that bad, or kill the site. Folks come and go for many reasons. I'm not saying anyone should leave or be forced to leave over this: I just think it is a reasonable option to deal with the biggest problem this site has. But, I'm not holding my breath to see it happen. And, I'll still be here one way or another.

I would just prefer to know that the Marine I am talking to is the Marine I am talking to.

Semper Fi

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ......I also "vetted" da bed.....ONCE!!
    TWS, and The Squadbay, do their own "types" of vetting. What other sites do vetting?......

Yes, it could, but over the years I've seen so much turnover of folks on this site that I don't think it will be that bad, or kill the site. Folks come and go for many reasons. I'm not saying anyone should leave or be forced to leave over this: I just think it is a reasonable option to deal with the biggest problem this site has. But, I'm not holding my breath to see it happen. And, I'll still be here one way or another.

I would just prefer to know that the Marine I am talking to is the Marine I am talking to.

Semper Fi
    I agree here.

I agree that some people on this board will stop posting, however I don't think that it'd be half. Would it REALLY be that big of a deal to take a couple of minutes out of your day to be vetted on here? Is it really an issue to get butt hurt about? As far as I'm concerned, those who do not wish to get vetted are most likely hiding something. To them (if this should happen) I will say farewell. I have no doubt in my mind that there are posers posting all over this site claiming that they are Marines. I think it's due time for a shake down.

On a side note for Wookie...Enjoy Florida for me, I've been country hopping around the middle east. Getting ready to go back into Afghanistan after a little R&R in Dubai. Just got picked up with a new company. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider View Post
    On a side note for Wookie...Enjoy Florida for me, I've been country hopping around the middle east. Getting ready to go back into Afghanistan after a little R&R in Dubai. Just got picked up with a new company. We'll see how it goes.
    Not to hijack, but sleeping in the airport tonight, always been a bucket list item of mine, haha. Waited to board the plane for 4 hours, then boarded and sat on the plane for an hour, then told the flight was cancelled and we de-boarded, and then waited in line for another hour or so to get boarding passes for 7am flight so we can try again...... priceless.

Jet Blue show us the money.......

Hey Covey, if it doesn't work out with the new company let me know,, I have plenty of good connections for work in Afghanistan.

Not to hijack, but sleeping in the airport tonight, always been a bucket list item of mine, haha. Waited to board the plane for 4 hours, then boarded and sat on the plane for an hour, then told the flight was cancelled and we de-boarded, and then waited in line for another hour or so to get boarding passes for 7am flight so we can try again...... priceless.

Jet Blue show us the money.......

Hey Covey, if it doesn't work out with the new company let me know,, I have plenty of good connections for work in Afghanistan.
    PM inbound so that the thread is not high jacked.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Occasionally I have some free time. Give me a list of suspect members either here or on private and I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Occasionally I have some free time. Give me a list of suspect members either here or on private and I'll see what I can do.
    I don't quite remember who had raised flags in my mind before. I'll have to wait for them to surface again. I just know that there have been suspicions about individuals since I joined this site almost 5 years ago.

Thread Information