Questions about my recruiter....what should I do? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentwarrior17 View Post
    Regardless of which way you split it, you did go behind his back. And how exactly is your DEP buddy going to 'spy' on him? LOL you have got to be kidding me. I guess the both of you are all secret squirl and sh*t haha. Trust that they will take care of you and just leave it at that. Your recruiter can only put you in the slots that are available to him and the district at that time. If you are still up in arms about it talk to the recruiter himself and see what might be opening for seats in the next couple of months. He is going to take care of you. If he is willing to run you around on HIS leave than trust that he will get you what you are looking for.
    Ok thank you sir I appreciate you helping me find my footing

Spartacus, I have some homework for you. Look up the word "tact" in the dictionary. I want you to write a paragraph on what you think that means after you have thought about it. This is something very important to learn early on.

SilentWarrior was dead on in pointing that out. Post the paragraph on this thread, and dont use the word "guys", but use the word "Marines" when addressing those on this forum. Let us go over that paragraph with you and give you some pointers.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    Spartacus, I have some homework for you. Look up the word "tact" in the dictionary. I want you to write a paragraph on what you think that means after you have thought about it. This is something very important to learn early on.

SilentWarrior was dead on in pointing that out. Post the paragraph on this thread, and dont use the word "guys", but use the word "Marines" when addressing those on this forum. Let us go over that paragraph with you and give you some pointers.

Mike

I have my doubts that will happen. BTW just checked out your profile....The Hebrew Hammer....very funny movie. Great satire

really sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus5405 View Post
    really sir?
    Holy sh*t, this kid has attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by BauerBrat View Post
    Mike

I have my doubts that will happen. BTW just checked out your profile....The Hebrew Hammer....very funny movie. Great satire
    Bauer, Spartacus will do it. He has asked some outrageous questions out of innocence in a previous thread. I think he genuinely wants to learn. He just does not know how to ask us yet, but he is learning.

I loved the movie "Hebrew Hammer". Good stuff.

really sir?
    Yes Spartacus. Really. Do it and we will give you personal experience on what it means after you write the paragraph.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Mike

I didn't realize this is the same young man with the foreskin problem. That explains a lot

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Mike

I didn't realize this is the same young man with the foreskin problem. That explains a lot
    I am glad we got him here before his Drill Instructors get a hold of him. Let's give this kid a fighting chance.

Credits
    Savings
    I am glad we got him here before his Drill Instructors get a hold of him. Let's give this kid a fighting chance.
    Well the first thing he needs is an attitude adjustment. Once that's accomplished the education can begin

deleted. repost

Last edited by TunTvrnWarrior; 02-26-11 at 06:19 PM. Reason: repost

Ok Marines

Tact is the skill used to handle delicate situations. There are times and places for everything and sometimes it is best to be tactful when replying and not say something that can be offensive or inappropriate. When being scrutinized by people of higher standings, it is best to be tactful and just take it like a man. An example of this would be if a DI is criticizing me for not doing something properly, I should just keep my mouth shut and listen.

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Well the first thing he needs is an attitude adjustment. Once that's accomplished the education can begin
    Dan, that is a part of the education. I dont think this kid has an attitude problem. How do I say this tactfully? His questions are asked from a lack of understanding. That is more dangerous than having an attitude. Ge is real wet behind the ears. He has a lot to learn.

Credits
    Savings
    Ok Marines

Tact is the skill used to handle delicate situations. There are times and places for everything and sometimes it is best to be tactful when replying and not say something that can be offensive or inappropriate. When being scrutinized by people of higher standings, it is best to be tactful and just take it like a man. An example of this would be if a DI is criticizing me for not doing something properly, I should just keep my mouth shut and listen.

Outstanding young man. All great journeys begin with a first step

Credits
    Savings
    Dan, that is a part of the education. I dont think this kid has an attitude problem. How do I say this tactfully? His questions are asked from a lack of understanding. That is more dangerous than having an attitude. Ge is real wet behind the ears. He has a lot to learn.
    Understood, if I can add anything just let me know.

Fair winds

Thread Information