Is Camp Lejune N.C a good place to get stationed?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Camp Lejune N.C a good place to get stationed?

I was planning to get stationed on the east coast and my recruiter told me that theres a high possibility that i will get stationed there. So is it a good base?Considering its surroundings, location, and if there are things to do off base. Also is anyone currently stationed there?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Being stationed somewhere is what you make of it, if you go in with a bad attitude about it of course its going to suck. But if you go in with an open mind and take advantage of whatever the area may have to offer then it will be a much better experience.

There is no saying where you will get stationed, especially by your recruiter. Ultimately it is not up to you or anyone else but a monitor at HQMC.

**** no

Make sure you get a car so that you can get away from the base and just be yourself. Jacksonville is an arm pit. But.... there are many places to go away from Lejuene to where you can have fun.

We call it Camp Paradise for a reason...

It was my first permanent duty station and I enjoyed my time there. It's close to the beach so naturally there is a lot of fresh seafood available.

Like already said, a personal vehicle will allow you to get out of Jacksonville and explore the region.

I would also add, I spent a number of years at Camp Pendleton on the West Coast and actually liked it better than Camp LeJeune. So, I would suggest you broaden your horizons and not limit yourself to one coast or the other.

Good luck.

Wear a Wig and go to Greenville. College Town. J-Ville sucks ass unless you like to hang at Driftwood. Lots of po dunk town in the state but the womenz are plump.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Wear a Wig and go to Greenville. College Town. J-Ville sucks ass unless you like to hang at Driftwood. Lots of po dunk town in the state but the womenz are plump.
    A wig? Didnt the "Adams Apple" give you away Squish?

Thanks for the info fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Jcastro64 View Post
    Thanks for the info fellas
    How about...Thanks Marines. They've EARNED it!

Stay away from the "Driftwood"!!!! your Gunny's wife might be working there while he is deployed! lmao

If you like tattoo shops, barber shops, and titty bars...J-ville will be heaven

Any party schools near jville?

First, you'll go where the Marine Corps wants you to go, not where you want to go.
    And.........instead of worrying about "party schools" near Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville, why don't you worry more about making in through "boot camp" instead.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcastro64 View Post
    Any party schools near jville?
    Well there is one that comes to mind Eastern Carolina College of Embalming, major party school.

But seriously I spent some time at Cherry Point and got to Jacksonville a few times. You're going to essentially a military town and all that entails. The nearest college is in Wilmington. UNC Wilmington. The beaches are beautiful, especially Emerald Isl. I'm too old to speak about the female gouge

Want to leave you with some advice. Stay away from places like Pay Day Loans, Title Loans, they prey on service men. If you're short of money and can't join your buddies for a few beers then just don't go

Hope everything works out for you

Thread Information