Charged, NEVER Convicted, Case dropped and expunged.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Charged, NEVER Convicted, Case dropped and expunged.

Hi,

I know you all may get these questions A LOT, but I have not found the answer to my question that I have been trying to ask for the past few months.

I was charged with a drug related Felony which was dropped.
    I was charged, NEVER convicted. The judge dismissed the case because I attended treatment for a year and the case was dropped and the charge Expunged from my record like it never happened.

I was wondering if this will bar my enlistment chances with the USMC.
    Any ideas or suggestions?

Go to a recruiter.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Take all the paperwork and documentation from the courts......make copies.....to a recruiter.

Without any other history or medical problems you have a chance.....but further reading on this site will tell you that the Marine Corps has exceeded its numbers......so you are taking another chance......

If you show a recruiter that you are sincere he may work with you on a waiver.

However there are no guarantees.....if you have changed your life around in the civilian sector.......no guarantees that the Marine Corps will accept you.

There are potential recruits with no history knocking down the doors to enlist......

The decision is solely up to a recruiter and MEPS......

Go see the recruiter and prove to want to be a United States Marine!

No guarantees......but I have heard of allot of things happening.....so you have a 50-50 gamble.....

Good luck!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Take all the paperwork and documentation from the courts......make copies.....to a recruiter.

Without any other history or medical problems you have a chance.....but further reading on this site will tell you that the Marine Corps has exceeded its numbers......so you are taking another chance......

If you show a recruiter that you are sincere he may work with you on a waiver.

However there are no guarantees.....if you have changed your life around in the civilian sector.......no guarantees that the Marine Corps will accept you.

There are potential recruits with no history knocking down the doors to enlist......

The decision is solely up to a recruiter and MEPS......

Go see the recruiter and prove to want to be a United States Marine!

No guarantees......but I have heard of allot of things happening.....so you have a 50-50 gamble.....

Good luck!

Thanks so much my man! A career in the USMC has been on my mind my entire life and I will do absolutely everything in my power to get a spot as a Marines. Again, thank you.

hey nick where are your manners? HOW ABOUT THANK YOU MR.HALL OR THANK YOU STAFF SGT. NOT MY MAN. he's not your buddy .that is what the problem is with you kids no respect !!!!

anyway goodluck you'll need it

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN hm3 fmf

Thread Information