Boot B-days
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boot B-days

Question Boot B-days

I am goin to Sand diego on OCT27 and my B-day is goin to be about half way through boot. what can i expect if my DI's find out? and heads up would be appreciated.

Dave

We went over this before.....but you can get an idea through this link..........

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...tcamp+birthday

The Drifter

My Birthday will be 12 days after I step on the Yellow Footprints. Thanks for the info.

Leaving December 1st.

Post here as much info before you leave

for boot camp and we'll all sent you a birthday card, hundreds of them.

When your D.I. sees how popular you are with other Marines, he will call your platoon together to sing Happy Birthday to you.

I remember my 19th birthday quite clearly. It was July 1983. I was in my final weeks of Recruit Training at P.I. I remember humming "Happy Birthday" to myself while walking battalion guard duty at 4:00 A.M. That was about the extent of my celebration.

The key to successulf completion of Recruit Training is to avoid drawing attention to yourself. Of course, if that's what you want, the drill instructors will be more than happy to deliver.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What about the Marine Corps' birthday? Does anything happen for it?

Yes! In honor of the Corps Birthday they

Allow you to do twice or three times as many PT exercises

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member

Re: Post here as much info before you leave

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
    for boot camp and we'll all sent you a birthday card, hundreds of them.

When your D.I. sees how popular you are with other Marines, he will call your platoon together to sing Happy Birthday to you.
    Doesnt everyone enjoy Sparrows useful comments? .......

Wizard
    Guest Free Member

Wink

Yes we do and I will send you some a card, a hat and noise maker, and some goodies, lets not forget a christmas card for the DI's at Parris Island, I'll send that too. Have Fun!!! Enjoy mamma's home cookin while you can! Happy Birthday!

Wizard
    Guest Free Member

I'm Sorry San Diego.... I'm So used to saying PI, my mistake.

Cool BIRTHDAYS AND CARE PACKAGES..........

Lake0300, just let us know when you are in Boot Camp and your address, we will make sure you get a "NICE CARE PACKAGE" full of all kinds of goodies.

We may joke with you Poolees/Wanabees, but remember we been there done that. We earned the title of "UNITED STATES MARINE". You haven't walked in our shoes, you don't know what we have been thru. All the Marines in here should be shown the respect that is due to them.

The Drifter

Registered User Free Member richgitz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Amen to that Drifter.

Drifter,
    Wonder if some of these poolees realize what JAFNG means. I haven't used that term in years. And you are right. We earned out titles.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Withdrawing what I said - for those of you who read what was posted before - apologies. :o

Credits
    Savings

I turned

19 yrs old on the day I graduated from Bootcamp Wooo Hoooo best dang birthday present I've ever gotten since

Thread Information