Fayettville Mayor to show Fonda film...in honor of 'Vietnam Veterans'. No sheet. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    Maybe you'll be finding that out very soon.
    And who is threatening who? Sounds like a threat to me, we do have a constitution you know. Maybe the CMC would like to hear about this also.

Last edited by advanced; 02-02-11 at 09:43 AM. Reason: forgot something

She excersized her right to free speech in Nam and the Marines here are excerizing their right to free speech today...so what's the problem?

fvcking fonda

I'm talking about making threats against someone or advocating violence against some person. I think we have laws dealing with that type of activity. I don't care much for Jane Fonda but she was never indited or convicted of any crimes associated with her anti-war activities. Yet people here want to shoot her in the head for exercizing her conststutionally guaranteed free speech because they don't like what she said. This site display's the emblem of the US Marine Corps. Why don't you send the CMC a copy of this thread and see how he responds to it?
    Neither was john dickhead kerry and look where in the fvck the leftwing whackos put that son of a bit ch!!!!!! Just like kerry, fonda was helping the enemy and SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROSECUTED!!!!!!!! I could care less what the fvck this bit ch said, it was what she did with the enemy, you know the North Vietnamese!!!!! I suppose you appreciated the fact that she cavorted with the enemy and even got some of our POW'S brutalized!!!!!!!!!! fonda and kerry need to burn in hell for what they did!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I can assure you. The lack of backbone, shown by our government, in that era, open the door, for all the shet we are in today.

Credits
    Savings
    I tend to believe that if we had continued to demonstrate the backbone we had in that era, the Church Committee's exposure of the CIA activities and corruption in government, the release of the Pentagon papers by Ellsburg and so on, we would be in a lot better shape today and a lot of good Americans would be alive today.

Free Speech!

As Americans we all have the right to free speech which is one of the many freedoms we as MARINES fight for to ensure isn't infringed upon.
    Benedict Arnold also exercised " his right " to " free speech ". What was he? The same as JF! The only reason ( s ) she wasn't tried and convicted is because of her name and who she was and the main factor because we've had a " chicken-**** " gov't for a long time who is " selling " this country to foreigners unders the " noses " of the public. And I say; ANYONE who speaks out against this Nation is a traitor for all SHE stands for and needs to be either shot or shipped to another country where they can be happier. AMERICA; LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

Vietvet1968@comcast.net
    Roger Dale Stewart

Yeah, HST, those things did SUCH a great job in strengthening our country.

Pffffffffffffffffft.

Fonda is scum. And quite frankly, if you really think the CMC would give a RIP about a bunch of Marines sounding off about Hanoi Jane, then you haven't been around Marines much. Including the Commandant.

Furthermore, as I recall, a currently serving member of congress (WEBB, DEMOCRAT) once stated, on the radio, that "He wouldn't walk across the street to pizz on her teeth if her face were on fire".

Mayhap you should report HIM too.

Get....a....grip.

Credits
    Savings
    Webb is a combat vet, unlike some of the badasses here, he didn't say he would shoot her or any other person that exercized their constitutional rights. If you have a close look at a lot of the gear we wore in Nam, you'll find a lot of peace signs or in my case "GAF" Give A F*ck...and we didn't. One thing for sure, nobody ever told is to take it off or threatened us for wearing it and that was in the field where the rubber really hit the road, that's free speech and expression.

Credits
    Savings
    Incidently, I can't stand Fonda either but I hate the Quakers, we found first aid supplies that they sent to the NVA in caves we took up on the Razorback.

My brother, the other Cpl. Simpson did some reaserch and sent me the addresses of some of their NVA aid groups, we sh*t in some battery bags and sent it to them from Nam.....eat well MFers

But see, that's the beauty of it....Webb can say what he wants, and so can the 'rest' of us who AREN'T Navy Cross winners.

Plenty of folks put that stuff on their uniforms/helmets etc. And it's cool. But again, freedom of speech (only so much as was allowed by the SNCO's and officers) who turned a blind eye. But you make my point, again....freedom of speech exactly.

And, last bit, as you well know, 'saying' I'm going to shoot someone, without means, motive, and opportunity to do so, is still freedom of speech, no matter how distasteful it may be to the 'opposite' side. Heck, as I recall, someone made a movie about assassinating Bush when he was in office. I didn't much care for THAT, but it falls under 'free speech', don't it? Plenty of 'Pubbies wanted to ban it, etc etc, but the left said it was 'free speech'. When we start banning one side, we have to be careful...'cause that side may eventually get back into power, and do the same to 'us'. Then where will we be????

I had heard that about the Quakers. Yeesh. Don't blame you for sure there.

Credits
    Savings
    I think when someone says "I wish someone would kill you or I wish you were dead or harmed in some manner" that's free speech. When someone says "I'm going to do those things or I want to commit those acts" those are threats and they are questionalbe at best, illegal at worst.

I think we have a moral and a legal obigation to question and on some occasaions to report those who might really be considering such acts. I would hate to be the person who failed to expose the next Lee Harvey Oswald.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I think when someone says "I wish someone would kill you or I wish you were dead or harmed in some manner" that's free speech. When someone says "I'm going to do those things or I want to commit those acts" those are threats and they are questionalbe at best, illegal at worst.

I think we have a moral and a legal obigation to question and on some occasaions to report those who might really be considering such acts. I would hate to be the person who failed to expose the next Lee Harvey Oswald.
    If you put everyone in jail that makes statements that are in bad taste. There wouldnt be any room for them. Most of the shetbags that do commit those types of crimes. Never talk about it before hand. I doubt that theres anyone here that hasnt said they would like to kill someone, at one time or another. But would never do it. Most of the time its just expressing thier anger at the highest level.Im not saying its right. But knowing the reason it was said, I wouldnt blow it out of context.

We're not talkin about just anybody here, we're talkin about jane F____in fonda. American Traitor *****!

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    We're not talkin about just anybody here, we're talkin about jane F____in fonda. American Traitor *****!
    Hell, damn yes!!

"free speech" is not sitting in the seat of an NVA anti-aircraft gun, giggling with NVA gooks as she draws a bead on US aircraft!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Let's put this thing in it's proper perspective...did Fonda and her little bullsh*t thing cost one American his life ? I don't really think so.

OK, did the Ho Choi program cost a lot of Americans their lives? Somewhere along the line 35 or so years ago I nremember reading in the pentagon papers ( and I really read a lot of the documents) that they (we) knew that 60% or more of the NVA that we took in the program were really agents and were leading our guys into ambushes every day but they didn't stop it because it might embarress us. If you sit down and have a good read of what really happened in Nam you might come to the conclusion that Hanoi Jane saved more American lives than the pentagon did by simply energizing the anti war forces and stopping the usless killing.

Think about it, but do so in the abstract. I'm sure as hell not a pacifist, I'm more a beliver in the concept that war is killing them until they are sick of dying or until they are all dead but dying for nothing or for some general's next star isn't in my agenda.

Thread Information