Dave and Dan's Derail Debacle - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk87to91 View Post
    Israel?

Lower California...... otherwise referred to as Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    Lower California...... otherwise referred to as Mexico.
    When I lived in San Diego, we use to reference Chula Vista as Chula Jauna...

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    I just came in from court and said W T F???? I cannot believe Lep actually did what I suggested, and make this a thread and sticky...LOL
    Commander, Dan, USNAviator, I can't believe you alluded to how I outrank you in age but not in pay grade. I suppose my O-3 time doesn't count, as it does not approach the O-5 paygrade......I was going to say that my USMC grade, E-5, outranks any Navy rank, but would be too cold, even for me ))))))
    Advanced and I out rank both of you. We were grunts.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    And he even threw in the "sigh" on purpose because he knows it cracks me up when he says that as he closes a thread when folks are out of control and it's like a grandfather watching his grandchildren running wild, then he gets fed up and says time for bed! and sighs, like, why do they plague me so------first time I've ever seen Lep use it to OPEN a thread.
    So, Dan, here, we don't have to worry about straying from subject matter at hand, because there is none to begin with.
    Finally a subject Dave and Dan can relate to. A subject on nothing. ( just kidding )

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Advanced and I out rank both of you. We were grunts.

I'll grant you that one Billy.

And since this is a place of random thoughts, I wonder how the word grunt became used to describe infantry

Credits
    Savings

Met a shipmate

Another random thought. Met a shipmate today. I was walking down the sidewalk when I noticed a guy squatting down, coffee cup in one hand, another one with some change next to his feet

One other thing I noticed was that he was wearing a Navy ball cap. Well normally I pass on by but something made me stop. Seems this gentleman and I served on the Kennedy together during my first deployment. He was enlisted, part of the ships crew. I knew he wasn't full of bs because I asked him if he remembered the C.O.'s name. Damn straight he did

We got to talking, he hit some bad times, lost a few jobs. His wife died, well you know the story. He's staying in a shelter now till he gets back on his feet. I gave him what I had on me, offered to stake him to a meal.

We shook hands and then I turned to walk away. About 3 seconds went past when he called to me "Sir" I turned and he snapped off one of the best salutes I've ever seen.

Now I 'm going to lie, that salute brought tears to me eyes

Yes I met a shipmate today. And not only did we serve on the same ship, we serve together in the brotherhood of man

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Random Thought ???

I miss Prell Shampoo.
    I wish it would come back............

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Another random thought. Met a shipmate today. I was walking down the sidewalk when I noticed a guy squatting down, coffee cup in one hand, another one with some change next to his feet

One other thing I noticed was that he was wearing a Navy ball cap. Well normally I pass on by but something made me stop. Seems this gentleman and I served on the Kennedy together during my first deployment. He was enlisted, part of the ships crew. I knew he wasn't full of bs because I asked him if he remembered the C.O.'s name. Damn straight he did

We got to talking, he hit some bad times, lost a few jobs. His wife died, well you know the story. He's staying in a shelter now till he gets back on his feet. I gave him what I had on me, offered to stake him to a meal.

We shook hands and then I turned to walk away. About 3 seconds went past when he called to me "Sir" I turned and he snapped off one of the best salutes I've ever seen.

Now I 'm going to lie, that salute brought tears to me eyes

Yes I met a shipmate today. And not only did we serve on the same ship, we serve together in the brotherhood of man
    Great story Dan. It breaks my heart to see people get that far down. And I want to thank you for giving your old ship mate what you could. Least of all, we forget our brothers. I think you would have made a great Marine, Dan.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I think you would have made a great Marine, Dan.

Billy I take that as an incredible compliment. Thank you sir

Fair winds from the Navy

Credits
    Savings
    You know I've always wondered when extra terrestials visit our planet, why do their space craft have navigation lights? Is it that crowded out there in hyper space?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Crap..... I can't say much. The lizzard people are listening.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Truthfully, have you seen things? The road in front is abt 50 yds out. Abt 6 months ago I saw a tall man all in black with wide brim hat gliding down the road a bit faster than a walk, and no walk/bounce. Since then my wife and son have seen him on seperate occasions. Do you bozzos ever see things?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Truthfully, have you seen things? The road in front is abt 50 yds out. Abt 6 months ago I saw a tall man all in black with wide brim hat gliding down the road a bit faster than a walk, and no walk/bounce. Since then my wife and son have seen him on seperate occasions. Do you bozzos ever see things?

Sparkie

When I was in advanced flight in Kingsville, I was flying a late night nav problem when I saw "something" It was light in the sky. It went verticle. horizontal, it stopped, it dived. It was pretty frigging amazing. I radioed into ATC asking if they had picked up any "anomalies" on their screens. Nothing. Then they asked if I wished to report a UFO. Negative on my part, that was a career ender. That was rubber room time

The next day in the Austin Statesman American, in bold headlines, two Continental Air pilots reported seeing a UFO. I felt better but I still kept my mouth shut

Credits
    Savings
    A lot of pilots report UFOs, a lot of state police and highway patrol troopers, a lot of citizens on the street---has to be something to it. Project Blue Book said there was.
    Oh I agree Dave. If you study the history of reported sightings,they intially occured soon after the end of WW2 and our detonation of an atomic weapon

But Dave, that brings up a question, if there are more advanced civilizations, how did they get that way? Do they have a God? Do they believe in our God.

Oh wow my head hurts....

You know this goofy thread might workl after all!!

Credits
    Savings
    That Roswell incident wasn't a weather balloon.
    I agree 100%. But hey it was handled by Zoomies. Oh sorry Dave, no offense intended.......

Thread Information