My husband and I are in a "similar" boat ladies. Except he is a reservist, still on active orders from his deployemnt. We have wanted to be active since the day he signed his paper work. But do to the quota of his recruiter and our own ignorance...here we are today. We decided to wait till he had a deployment under his belt to even precede with trying to go active duty. Well here we are almost 5 years into his 6 year contract and the Marine Corp is supposidly cutting back and not allowing PSEP for FY11. So we are currently working on getting him on RA for the next 6months to a year, with hopes that FY12 will be a little better. There should be a lot of Active Duty finishing their contracts and hopefully opening up more spaces. We to have the help of a SgtMaj on our side. But this has been a long road with very little light at the end some days. I can only pray that if active duty is where we are meant to be it will all work out. I try and stay as involved in the process as possible. Its gotten us farther than my husband would have thought. Network your rear off. Good Luck to you both.