World's Largest Cave: Vietnam
Create Post

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good stuff, Slinger. I'd venture to say that if I had never logged in to Leatherneck.com this morning I would never had know about this cave discovery in Vietnam. Fascinating as all get out. Just curious. Where is this cave located in conjuction with the Ho Chi Minh Trail?
    Thanks.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    So this is longer than the caverns at Ruby Falls which are a continuation of the same rock formation that makes up Stone Mountain in Atlanta?

Survived all those B-52 sorties. Fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary View Post
    Good stuff, Slinger. I'd venture to say that if I had never logged in to Leatherneck.com this morning I would never had know about this cave discovery in Vietnam. Fascinating as all get out. Just curious. Where is this cave located in conjuction with the Ho Chi Minh Trail?Thanks.
    World’s largest cave discovered in Vietnam

An English potholing team has discovered a cave believed to be the biggest in the world, in the Phong Nha-Ke Bang World Natural Heritage site, according to officials of central Quang Binh province.
    The English explorers told the provincial authorities at a meeting on April 22 that the cave, called Son Doong, is some 200m high, 140-150m wide and over 5km long, located in an area extremely difficult to access, about 6 hours’ walk from the Ho Chi Minh trail, an official was quoted as saying.

Son Doong has replaced the Deer cave in Malaysia to become the world’s largest cave.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    well now we have some idea where them little basterds were hiding

Thread Information