My ship date to Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego is now January 18th after getting moved up from March 7th. This is great news and cause for great cheer. However, I seem to be quite worried that my ship date my might get revoked from me and pushed back.

I need help. I don't want my ship date to change because I am going to have to vacant my room I am renting a month before leaving and quit my job 2 weeks before leaving as well. Therefore, it has to go smoothly this first time around or I will be faced with many big problems. I know that if I am too fat, get tickets, or get hurt that could affect my ship date.

Besides those, what other things could affect it and what could I do to prevent that from happening?

What are the chances of my ship date getting taken away randomly as I have heard, because something happened and it wasn't even my fault?

The thing is that my recruiter sent up paperwork for my ship date change today and is still going to get confirmation. What does that mean? Anyone to help would be greatly appreciated!