ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 41
Create Post
Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeloon200 View Post
    Yea i know, i got a 52 and i thought that was bad. But almost half the people that come in my recruiters office get 39's or below. The most ive ever seen a kid get on the practice asvab is a 56.

And a kid over here got a 22 and was asking for the ROTC Program and had a Felony. Yea that kid is out of his mind...

This guy took the practice one at our RSS and believe it or not he scored a 1!!! I didnt even know that this was possible. Evn if you just guessed on the whole test hah so reallly the people getting 20s look like geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    No. Anyone can get in actually, they just usually accept infantrymen. Ask a Marine.
    Actually they take the most experienced infantryman that can be put through. But i think sometimes theyll take others...its rare

Talking

Anyway, good luck to all you 0317 wannabees. Best MOS in the Corps as far as I'm concerned.
    hell ya

No. Anyone can get in actually, they just usually accept infantrymen. Ask a Marine.
    Actually your wrong and I dont need to ask a Marine. My father was a sniper, on top of that I have the formal screening checklist and on it it specifies 03XX LCPL-GySgt, or 03XX LT-Capt. And the strongly recomended feilds of training it specifies are only obtainable by infantry and men who serve on infantry units.

In order to go into AITB you will have had to have prior been in ITB. They dont allow anyone to skip ahead. Even if you were granted to be a SS you will have to obtain the infantry MOS prior to attending the screening or SSBC.

Other recommended qualifications:
    Attending Sniper Platoon Training(not to be confused with S/S they are the other men who serve and support the sniper unit)
    Reconnaissance MCI
    Deployment of a one tour/one year cycle with an infantry unit
    MEU(SOC) requires a CWS-2 Swim Qual.

I have done a lot of homework on this and I am well aware of the requirements and strong recommendations of this MOS. The only exceptions being made are serving Marines who fall under security forces or combat engineer. Security Forces have attended ITB and are elligable as they are infantry but serve in a billet. However the likely hood of either EVER attending is very low. Combat Engineers have their own jobs to do and Security Forces have no use for SS. They may receive Sniper training after they enter the fleet but only at the discretion of his CO or Copmmanding staff. As a newbie the likelyhood of that is ziltch.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0317.htm

note the 3 prerequisite down the list and the type of mos it is. It is a NMOS(neccessary mos) this means there is one or more required MOS and qualifications that are required to be obtained prior to qualifying to screen.

If it was an FMOS or AMOS then a non 03 series Marine can obtain the MOS without first becoming an 03 series Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    Actually your wrong and I dont need to ask a Marine. My father was a sniper, on top of that I have the formal screening checklist and on it it specifies 03XX LCPL-GySgt, or 03XX LT-Capt. And the strongly recomended feilds of training it specifies are only obtainable by infantry and men who serve on infantry units.

In order to go into AITB you will have had to have prior been in ITB. They dont allow anyone to skip ahead. Even if you were granted to be a SS you will have to obtain the infantry MOS prior to attending the screening or SSBC.

Attending Sniper Platoon Training(not to be confused with S/S they are the other men who serve and support the sniper unit)
    Reconnaissance MCI

I have done a lot of homework on this and I am well aware of the requirements and strong recommendations of this MOS. The only exceptions being made are serving Marines who fall under security forces or combat engineer. Security Forces have attended ITB and are elligable as they are infantry but serve in a billet. However the likely hood of either EVER attending is very low. Combat Engineers have their own jobs to do and Security Forces have no use for SS. They may receive Sniper training after they enter the fleet but only at the discretion of his CO or Copmmanding staff. As a newbie the likelyhood of that is ziltch.
    you seem to know a lot about this and i only started looking could you send me some links or copys of forms and papers you have?

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    you seem to know a lot about this and i only started looking could you send me some links or copys of forms and papers you have?
    If I have your email then no problem. I am not 100% sure if Im supposed to have the forms but many of them were found on public pages and if not on public they are forms I have obtained from family who are serving now. I will find the links I can on it and I will send you anything else I can think of. To the others on here I am still leaving the email PM open send me your email and Ill give you the stuff I have.

I know quite a bit about certain things simply from my family who are Marines and through proper research(some things I may be wrong about but I try to not answer things if I am not 100 percent). Best advice about web searching is only use official site, official sponsered sites, or properly sourced information. Also when searching for an answer make sure you dont give up after searching ie: Recon school. Revise and reword keep searching get specific and eventually youll find what you need.

Reconnaissance MCI

Ok, well my dad wasn't a Sniper but the information I stated was all from research I've done, books I've read which documented Marine Corps Scout-Snipers and their exploits, and I've spoken to Marines about it as well, a couple of them being snipers. My recruiter told me anyone can attempt to be a scout-sniper, even without lat-moving, as long as the CO approves of it, yeah, but the chances are slim. And not all snipers have a deployment under their belt. Most do, but there are snipers that attend sniper school before getting deployed. But I do concur that most snipers started as an primary MOS of 03. So basically I think what he's saying to all you 0317 wannabees is that if you want to be a scout-sniper, don't go in as a cook and score a perfect PFT expecting to be inducted in a sniper platoon. Go 03 or Lat-move to 03 and your chances increase from nearly zero.

I scored a 82 on the ASVAB. I hope to get into Intel but seeing how rare the intel jobs are I dont know what else to go after. anyone able to help me out here on what to chose?

Ok, well my dad wasn't a Sniper but the information I stated was all from research I've done, books I've read which documented Marine Corps Scout-Snipers and their exploits, and I've spoken to Marines about it as well, a couple of them being snipers. My recruiter told me anyone can attempt to be a scout-sniper, even without lat-moving, as long as the CO approves of it, yeah, but the chances are slim. And not all snipers have a deployment under their belt. Most do, but there are snipers that attend sniper school before getting deployed. But I do concur that most snipers started as an primary MOS of 03. So basically I think what he's saying to all you 0317 wannabees is that if you want to be a scout-sniper, don't go in as a cook and score a perfect PFT expecting to be inducted in a sniper platoon. Go 03 or Lat-move to 03 and your chances increase from nearly zero.
    Well like Ive stated I do have the research. Perhaps they allow people to do SSBC even if they arent infantry. I doubt it highly but maybe under curcumstances they will allow it. Regardless if you do rate to move into the sniper feild you will have to obtain ITB training. You may be able to be one MOS when you enter but it is my understanding that you will have to obtain an 03 mos prior or upon SSBC Screening. Ill look more into it and update in a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmie2011 View Post
    I scored a 82 on the ASVAB. I hope to get into Intel but seeing how rare the intel jobs are I dont know what else to go after. anyone able to help me out here on what to chose?
    What are you interested in? Ultimately only you can choose but perhaps some of use or Marines can help guide you in the direction you aiming for. You should push intel if you want it though.

What are you interested in? Ultimately only you can choose but perhaps some of use or Marines can help guide you in the direction you aiming for. You should push intel if you want it though.
    Not really sure. I know i was thinking about MP but i just dont know for sure. But i am pushing for Intel. I take the D-LAb very shortly. Lets hope i get it.

Poolee/DEP Free Member dionna23's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    uhm.. ASVAB 79
    DLAB 91

Poolee/DEP Free Member dionna23's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Not really sure. I know i was thinking about MP but i just dont know for sure. But i am pushing for Intel. I take the D-LAb very shortly. Lets hope i get it.
    Hey, I got an intel job. buht i just got it a few weeks ago. if you really want one you're gonna have to PUSH your recruiter. Originally i wanted a job in crypto but i would have been just as satisfied with intel and i finally got it. the DLAB was soo hard! its this crazy made up language. BUT i passed it. the guy who took it the same time i did got like a 109 or something lol. he did really well.. but he wasn't joining the corps.

MP from what I heard gets **** for work hours and isnt as much fun as people put it unless your on the "swat" squads. Go for intel. Whats better than MP but similar is MCSF(Security Forces). Take a look at it. search on here theres plenty of info here and on google. Search FAST, MCSF CQB, MCSF PRP etc. May help as a second choice on your wish list you send in when getting your jobs.

Thread Information