ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 40
Create Post
Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    80 on the ASVAB, 03 contract.

97 on the ASVAB, 08 contract.

new contract update... Awaiting to get my contract secured but my list is as follows:

UV Contract- Security Forces non PRP
    UZ Contract- Recon
    AG Contract- Rotary Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by DEP_Walker View Post
    Just wondering how ya'll did on the ASVAB and what you plain on going into. I'm going Infantry and am also going to be a Scout Sniper, I scored a 73 on the ASVAB.
    Are you garuenteed scout sniper?

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    Are you garuenteed scout sniper?
    no, he also doesn't know if he will be a scout sniper, he was just getting a little bit ahead of himself

ya i was going to say thats what i want/am going to do and i just wanted to know if you could get guaranteed guess not

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    ya i was going to say thats what i want/am going to do and i just wanted to know if you could get guaranteed guess not
    get an 0300 mos meet the standards and even beat most of them then when you are I beleive an LCpl or a Corporal you can do S/Sniper school. You have to be at least one of those ranks and in most cases higher to do it. I dont remember where I have it saved but I can maybe email you the prerequisite checklist and gear checklist etc. You can be DQd from attending school if you simply dont have **** paper if **** paper was on the list. many of the school items you can get there but its first come first serve that includes your M40 Sniper Rifle. Theres mo0re than just hey I qualify or I can do this... it is also your maturity, performance, readiness, and willingness. Also having prior training in such things as Land nav. etc helps greatly. So does prior to S/S School shooting or becoming accustomed to the M40. PM me your email and if I find it I will send you the document. I want SS as well and I found the prescreen and checklist in my searches and found it to help alot and it also lets me see what to work towards and have it on hand when I do get my opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    get an 0300 mos meet the standards and even beat most of them then when you are I beleive an LCpl or a Corporal you can do S/Sniper school. You have to be at least one of those ranks and in most cases higher to do it. I dont remember where I have it saved but I can maybe email you the prerequisite checklist and gear checklist etc. You can be DQd from attending school if you simply dont have **** paper if **** paper was on the list. many of the school items you can get there but its first come first serve that includes your M40 Sniper Rifle. Theres mo0re than just hey I qualify or I can do this... it is also your maturity, performance, readiness, and willingness. Also having prior training in such things as Land nav. etc helps greatly. So does prior to S/S School shooting or becoming accustomed to the M40. PM me your email and if I find it I will send you the document. I want SS as well and I found the prescreen and checklist in my searches and found it to help alot and it also lets me see what to work towards and have it on hand when I do get my opportunity.
    ok thank you i will do that and i am taking college classes so i can become a PFC before i ship i took some college classes in high school so i only need a few more credits that will make it faster for me to become a lance corporal or corporal

Wow i feel like a retard typing this ASVAB score.. alot of the people at my RSS get in the high 30's to low 20's.

52 AFQT
    GT- 101
    CL-100
    MM-95
    EL-100

Im going to take the ASVAB again in a few months when im ready to increase my MM score and GT score so i can qualify for the AG Contract. But if i dont qualify for it a 2nd time im probably going to do intelligence or combat engineer. Depends whether i want to do something i enjoy, or do something that will help me out with a job when i get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeloon200 View Post
    Wow i feel like a retard typing this ASVAB score.. alot of the people at my RSS get in the high 30's to low 20's.

52 AFQT
    GT- 101
    CL-100
    MM-95
    EL-100

Im going to take the ASVAB again in a few months when im ready to increase my MM score and GT score so i can qualify for the AG Contract. But if i dont qualify for it a 2nd time im probably going to do intelligence or combat engineer. Depends whether i want to do something i enjoy, or do something that will help me out with a job when i get out.

Umm 20s wont even get you in the Corps.

Umm 20s wont even get you in the Corps.
    Yea i know, i got a 52 and i thought that was bad. But almost half the people that come in my recruiters office get 39's or below. The most ive ever seen a kid get on the practice asvab is a 56.

And a kid over here got a 22 and was asking for the ROTC Program and had a Felony. Yea that kid is out of his mind...

Scored an 80 overall, I do not know my line scores. I was told I qualify for just about any MOS... Chose 03xx and got it, sign my contract tonight.

I wanna be a Scout-Sniper as well. 0317. It's not impossible but it's tough. A doable as long as your ****-hot and you qualify Expert on the Rifle range. I think it's just more likely to be given to an infantry man with a perfect 300 before a non-infantry Marine. If you get inducted, you start out as a SLUG (Slow, Lazy, Untrained Gunmen) and I believe once you pass the course (which only determines whether or not you go on to Sniper school) you become a PIG (Professionally Instructed Gunmen). The thing is, you could get deployed in a scout-sniper platoon before you graduate, and many Scout-Snipers aren't full-fledged HOGs (Hunter of Gunmen) but I think sometimes you can get deployed before you graduate, and then finish the course, after your tour, but you wont earn your HOG's tooth. Still, it's an arduous process and the drop-out rate is intense, I hear. Try to qualify Expert in boot, though if Marines have to re-qual every year, one most likely has to re-qual anyway. I plan on being a Scout-Sniper, not interested in Recon (unless I happen to be a Sniper in a Recon platoon). That's been my ambition ever since I considered becoming a Marine. Anyway, good luck to all you 0317 wannabees. Best MOS in the Corps as far as I'm concerned.

you have to be a 03XX to even get into SSBC.

you have to be a 03XX to even get into SSBC.

No. Anyone can get in actually, they just usually accept infantrymen. Ask a Marine.

Thread Information