0311 Duty Stations?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

0311 Duty Stations?

Hi all, I wasn't really sure where I should have posted this... so I hope this is the right section. My question is what are some if all of the duty stations that an 0311 could get stationed at are located in the lower 48?

Quote Originally Posted by jpg8402 View Post
    Hi all, I wasn't really sure where I should have posted this... so I hope this is the right section. My question is what are some if all of the duty stations that an 0311 could get stationed at are located in the lower 48?
    Un-jack your profile.

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?
    Your profile needs more info.

Well, I'm hoping at a later date to be updating it with rank.

Active or reserve?

Camp Pendleton, Jejeune, 29 Palms (and some of the camps therein) all have grunts.

Active duty!

I've been to most of the bases in California even the little tiny one in or near barstow... lets just say I wouldn't mind NOT being stationed in California haha!

Active duty!

I've been to most of the bases in California even the little tiny one in or near barstow... lets just say I wouldn't mind NOT being stationed in California haha!
    Lejeune or Kenohe Bay, HI then.

Hmm, well appreciate the info!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    WHOA!! Hold up Marines!! 0311?? What's with this crap about duty stations, here, SAFE, and spit shine butt kissers??? If you are an 0311, volunteer for combat....that's what you were TRAINED FOR!!! Lead a gun team, be a squad leader, show The Corps some initiative, and "STYLE"!!!.....DOC

Credits
    Savings
    shee-yit you must not have spent long at Pendleton. I haven't seen too many bases (in CONUS anyway) but I can tell you as an 03 it's the place to be. Ranges, hikes, running trails for work, and plenty to do when you're off. I'm not going to try and sell you on it because you say you already know it all, and it's not up to you anyway.

I already told the recruiter I want to go Iraq or Afghanistan.... but I was asking about duty stations because at some point I imagine I'll come home.

Its not so much the Bases in California... its the whole state. Lets just say its a "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" type of thing when it comes to California.

Credits
    Savings
    Tell me about SoCal...culture shock for me too, but don't go putting down my home away from home. Not Cali, but MCB Pendleton. I'm not trying to act tough or punk anybody out-so no need to apologize(I'm not one of THEM...). Just sayin' you ain't seen it til you seen it and this is one sweet spot to be. To be fair, never been anywhere else, and the options for 03's aren't always so hot. I hear a love/hate thing from K-Bay and LeJeune. Only complaint from Pendleton is the wackos out in town but you can hide on base if you like. There's always the stumps if you're looking to really get AWAY from it all. Good luck.

ps-If you already know you're going to be an 0311, that means you are going reserves and already know which Bn you will be in. If active, you'll only be guaranteed 0300. The rest is up to you, your ITB Co., your test scores/qualifications and the wicked ironic hand of Fate. (aka needs of the Corps)

pps-just re-read the original post and saw you said lower 48, which rules out Hawaii in your book, but not in the Corps. No active 03 bns in Alaska, FYI

Go to the rock baby for some serious training (Okinawa)was there for 13 months exculding trips to Korea and Japan. 1978 Don't know how it is now but we trained a least 6 days a week if we were not out in the running in the elephant grass.
    Came back to Pendelton and not going to say it was easy but we seemed to get a little more time off compared to the rock.I got on guard duty near the end when the rest of my outfit was preparing to go back overseas.

4 hrs on 8 off and then another 4,had the next 2 days off to hang out at the beach.Cali is a nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there.
    Semper Fi !

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HEY....Marines!!! What's wrong with Oceanside???? When I was at Field Med. School, in 68'....I think....went to Oceanside, a lot!! Got thrown in the DRUNK TANK.....a lot!!! THREE TIMES!! Tried surfing, but got 3 bloody noses....NOT supposed to kiss the board, while in the curl, and DRUNK!!!!.....DOC

Thread Information