Its official, Im back in uniform!!!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Im not following CPL? Your still in according to your profile...

Congratulations Devil Dog...I was discharged in 2000 and plan on going back in Jan. or as soon as I can get back to weight standard.

If ya don't mind...keep us posted on how different the new Corps is

I will! Its going to be a culture shock for sure, Ill keep my mouth shut and learn and see what happens lol!

Quote Originally Posted by motox151 View Post
    I did it, I am a Marine again. It is my time to shine and do what I was meant to do. I am going in as a boot azz pvt pog lol but I dont care, Marines are Marines and I will be the best f*cking pog out there and use my age and wisdom to help any younger Marine. Semper FI, today is a good day!
    Kris -- you were always a Marine!!

Congratuations!! I've very happy for you.

Good luck with your second chance!!

yes, I Know SSGT. It was just hard because I had the stigma of an OTH for something I didnt do. I watched my cousin and my wifes brother grow in the Corps and my wifes cousin who is a major at the pentagon in the USMC. I didnt feel like I could "belly up to the bar" with them because my time was cut short and I never really did anything. Its game on now though! Thank you everyone for you support,I appreciate it

more good news! My PSR just sent me over my approved relm and they are putting me back in as a PFC woohoo! lol

yes, I Know SSGT. It was just hard because I had the stigma of an OTH for something I didnt do. I watched my cousin and my wifes brother grow in the Corps and my wifes cousin who is a major at the pentagon in the USMC. I didnt feel like I could "belly up to the bar" with them because my time was cut short and I never really did anything. Its game on now though! Thank you everyone for you support,I appreciate it
    Well, I did want to say don't f*ck it up but I guess that was obviously implied LOL

Have fun bellying up and have one for me!

So you're back on active then?

no just a reserveist but they may have some temporary ad for me for like 6 months I forget what it is called. they will be getting funding for it around the 11th

I've been out since 2001. I am supposedly 4 years over...plus a few pounds. Waivers for both...however, I'll take the age waiver and run with it. The weight will have to come off and getting back in shape after having children is ca-RAZ-EE!! But do-able.

I'm new to this site. I still haven't gotten it figured out but looks like I've finally found some Marines that share a common interest so pardon me while I mark up your page!

CONGRATS Kris!!!!! I can only imagine how it feels. I am crossing my fingers hoping that your PSR can help me too!!

Thanks Brother!

You are coming back as a PVT? Isn't there a statute of limitations (or something along those lines) in which you only have so much time to go from Pvt to PFC? PFC to LCpl? LCpl to Cpl?

Lcpl Somasu, yes there is(i think the max you can be a lance is 6 years). I made Lance but when they accused my of being UA they also booted me to E-1 upon discharge. I just found out on my RELM that I am being approved to go back in as an E2, Ill pick up E3 quick with the help from my Sgt Maj and a **** ton of MCI's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinblueline81 View Post
    CONGRATS Kris!!!!! I can only imagine how it feels. I am crossing my fingers hoping that your PSR can help me too!!

Thanks Brother!
    hell yes bro! Ill let you know as soon as I hear about your ink!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    some of you dont know but back in 2007 or so I posted for the first time on the site for help regarding my situation, missing records, drilling at one unit but getting discharged for ua from another. Of course I dealt with the typical "im full of **** response" which I cant blame anyone for.

Now ten years later from my discharge in 1999. I played detective and found my evidence, witnesses etc. I submitted my package to HQ USMC and the Naval Discharge review board. After both parties reviewing my package my RE code was upgraded from an RE4 to an RE1A and my OTH was upgraded to a general(under honorable conditions)

I turned my info into my recruiter this spring and he thought I wasnt workable just because there were so many records missing and the USMC was really tighting down and only taking very qualified Marines but he gave me a shot. Low and behold on July 23rd of this year my tattoo waiver came back approved. Now we just waited on my age waiver. Guess what..........

Today my age waiver came back approved!! My recruiter is typing up my enlistment as we speak right now. He then submits it to my unit and admin then puts me in the system. According to him I will be swearing in by Friday! My Sgt Major called me and said it was good timing because the unit will be at the rifle range next week so Ill be there to!!

I did it, I am a Marine again. It is my time to shine and do what I was meant to do. I am going in as a boot azz pvt pog lol but I dont care, Marines are Marines and I will be the best f*cking pog out there and use my age and wisdom to help any younger Marine. Semper FI, today is a good day!

hell yes bro! Ill let you know as soon as I hear about your ink!

BTW, I was just reading a MARADMIN from 2010 talking about the "service limitations" It basically says that prior service that are coming back into the Marine Corps, only count time spent in the Marine Corps for purposes of service limitations.

I thought that was pretty good news as far as my situation goes.

Thread Information