Post your most impressive challenge coin. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

IN Memory of...

It has to be the Coin that the Company did up, in memory of our fallen brothers (helo crash of the coast of Okinawa 1989) Golf Co 3rd Plt 2/3 K-Bay, HI. All that were lost are listed on it.

R.I.P. my Brothers

General Amos Commandant Coin picked up during a visit and Q&A session with NCOs

Challenge Coins

Custom Challenge coins are becoming so significant and becoming popular now a days. What the law enforcement challenge coins means to soldiers, police officers?

Quote Originally Posted by lawenforcement View Post
    Custom Challenge coins are becoming so significant and becoming popular now a days. What the law enforcement challenge coins means to soldiers, police officers?
    Same as any other unit that you were never a part of, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by lawenforcement View Post
    Checked his profile and he isn't a marine. Can someone kick him out?

I've revisited this thread on occasion out of curiosity.
    I don't know what USMC I was in but I'd never heard of a challenge coin.
    Either I'm poser or I was in before it became ubiquitous in the USMC.

Still....interesting read when I do check in here.

(ARivera...you were an 0811 too...you can't be all bad)

Carry on....

I got one from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (General Pace) when he came to Afghanistan in 2006. Our C-130 crew was tasked with flying him to some of the outposts over there. General Pace is the only Marine to ever hold that title.

Never heard of the challenge coin or yellow footprints until I found this website.

Boy law enforcement was in Marine Corps Basic Training for over 30years . He went in 1974 and graduated in 2008.and is a e1 and still in service???

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    Boy law enforcement was in Marine Corps Basic Training for over 30years . He went in 1974 and graduated in 2008.and is a e1 and still in service???

Semper Fi

Might have never filled out his profile.

My favorite coin is from 3/7.... It was given to me after range 400 when I was the only doc who didn't end up like the other 25 heat casualties I had to stick..... I also got second one before the ball that year so I gave my daughter mine from the range when she graduated boot camp.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Only challenge coin I got....

P-38_can_opener.jpg

This thread gave me the idea to give one to my son and a couple of his fellow recruits/soon to be Marines on family day or graduation day. He said that he has made pretty good friends with a few guys.

I am going to give them the Band of Brothers challenge coin with this 2 part explanation.
    1. To let them know that this old Marine will support them in their new life as a Marine and that the bond goes beyond those currently serving.
    2. To challenge them to stay in contact with each other throughout the years after knowing that they helped each other become Marines.

Band of Brothers Challenge Coin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post

Semper Fi

I always tell poolees the easiest way to get out of Parris Island is to graduate. I guess his recruiter didn't tell him. Lol

I wish I had some of these impressive challenge coins like you guys have. The only special one I have is when I won recruiter of the year for my district. Even that one is pretty commonplace amongst recruiters.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I don't have any coins...except some loose change...but since I am mentally challenged....does dat' count?

Challenge Coins - What Do They Mean?

Challenge coins exist for branches of the military, police as well as other organizations. The most common are made for the U.S. Army, Navy, Air force and Marines. Can anyone know about rules for law enforcement challenge coins and what do they mean?

Thread Information