MCT Instructor Duty
Create Post

Question MCT Instructor Duty

Semper Fi, Marines.
    I'm in the process of submitting my MCT Instructor package right now. Nobody in my unit has done this duty and I don't know anyone who has done the billet. Does anyone have any advice for an Air Wing Sergeant who's getting ready for the next phase of his Marine Corps Career as an MCT Instructor?
    How should I prepare for the billet? What's the duty like? Lay it on thick and tell me the good and the bad.

Semper Fi
    Sgt al Shabazz

Similar Threads:

So...170+ views and nothing? Does anyone have experience in this billet or no?

It doesn't appear that way. Have you tried to contact the schoolhouse and speak to one of the instructors there? That would be my first choice.

Good luck

Thanks for your bit of advice...wish a few people that have done it know any "inside details" (things to work on prior to going to the school to help out) but oh well. I'm cautiously confident that I will succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by al Shabazz View Post
    Thanks for your bit of advice...wish a few people that have done it know any "inside details" (things to work on prior to going to the school to help out) but oh well. I'm cautiously confident that I will succeed.
    I hear you, Marine. You will succeed. I was not on MCT Instructor duty but having been on a few Instructor duty Billets where I taught 03's (DM school, MCSF school and CQB school), but was not - I would say just make sure you:

Lead from the front.
    Learn the the knowledge and become the duty expert.
    Love what you do and love teaching young Marines.
    And, never apologize for the path you took.

Remember you have a chance to make a difference, embrace that and charge on.

Good luck and Semper Fi

That's the main reason I want the duty. I love Marines and I love teaching. I look forward to be able to influence new Marines and I'm very excited of having the honor of training freshly minted Marines combat training. Let's just hope I hear from someone who's gone throug the school.

Thread Information