Marine in need of help! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi DrBeall

Ellie send me a copy of your email to her..

It seems like much good advice has already been given, but on the other side...

At a time like this the Marine Corps needs good Marines that are dependable, that you can count on to be there on time and to be sober.

It has no time for problem children, so if he is serious about wanting to stay in the Corps like HardJedi already said, he needs to make known his desire to those above him and straighten out.

No one else is going to do it but himself. So what if he is lonely, and home sick, who isn't when they are far from home.

If he can't say no to his friends and a beer then he is not serious about staying on.

Saw another Marine kicked out recently for something he did off duty, with the war in the Middle East and other things happening with terrorism, the Corps has no time for this.

The Corps will let him go, right away unless he takes responsibility for himself. But its all up to him.

That's what Semper Fi , means and what its all about.

Cook

Sparrowhawk,

I know you are right and thank you for your comments, I believe that he is taking responsibility for himself but from what he is telling me, he is having a very hard time getting through to his superiors. Maybe he isn't trying hard enough. Since I'm not there, I can't say.

Thanks, Rene

Registered User Free Member arnoldyG/2/5's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Would love to help if you want to send me the info

arnoldyG/2/5

Sent you info by PM

Ellie

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    LMAO@HardJedi! Drunk and PTing? NEVER! lol

BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT! What Infantryman hasn't?

Semper Fi brother!

Hey Sniposky! that is PART of being a grunt, no? if you haven't had somebody carry you through formation, or on a pt run cause you were drunk, can you REALLY say you were a grunt? LOL (kidding)

Time in = Transparent activities!!

If you get caught, whose problem is it? Someone else’s?

Time in = Transparent activities 24x7x365x4+/-

Steve

what the hell????????

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I took a lot of math classes in college and still can't figure it out. OK - I give up, what's the answer?

Positive thinking leads to positive results. From personal experience, sometimes we have to pay when we have played, but if this Marine is sincere in his heart, and he sincerely wants to change, the leadership of his unit will know this, they are leaders of Marines after all. I know that when I was serving on active duty, young Marines in trouble were viewed as a leadership failure first, as young people usually make mistakes unless they are properly led. My prayers to all involved, Semper Fidelis, Tom Murray

Ellie

Sup? Anything I can do fromhere?

rich

Smile

I received an update last night and things look as if they might have started turning around. As I understand, it is far from over but my son's 1st Sgt. and others he works with have stepped up to the plate and started speaking up for him. They told him that they are willing to help because he is a good Marine and has good working habits but they are serious about him getting past these problems or it's all over. I'll keep you all posted, your willingness to help shows me that you are concerned about fellow Marines.

Rene

The answer is:
    24 hours per day
    7 days per week
    365 days per year (or you could use 52 weeks)
    4 years
    PLUS or MINUS
    Plus=Extended first enlistment
    Minus=Early out for ?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DrBeall,

It will all come out. A member of this site said it the best positive things results in a positive, or words to that effect. I thought that if the 1st Sgt and others saw your son's potential it would work out. Also he is a MArine 24/7.

glad things are looking up!. and ALWAYS glad to be of help whenever possible.

Thread Information