Why does meps suck? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    heh my MEPS trip wasnt that bad, not a whole lot of wannabes, maybe about 17-20 total. I guess the MEPS in Miami is pretty organized compared to some of the stories I've read here. My last name is Seaman (no, I am not joining the Navy haha) and I had to hand it to them they got my name spelled right without having to ask. kudos to them. The nurses in the medical floor was really nice and entertaining too got no quarrels with them either. my only story is when I got my eyes examed. I already wear glasses so I know my eyesight isn't good without them, but heres as follows
    eye doctor: Please read line 9 on the bottom.
    me: Im sorry I can't even tell you where line 9 is.
    why not?
    Because I can't read it.
    what not?
    ...because its blurry.
    /facepalm

It wasn't so bad for me I just brought a bunch a quarters and played good old street fighter v. marvel in the arcade room.

angry birds with sound off in the areas they allowed texting and phones

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPopsicle View Post
    It wasn't so bad for me I just brought a bunch a quarters and played good old street fighter v. marvel in the arcade room.

The first time I went I was unaware of the game room and sat but the next 2 times I went I took a wallet full of singles. Played some pool and some time crisis, street fighter would've been nice to play

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My MEPS experiences were all really, really good. I've been there four times now I think and every time it goes really smoothly.

One of the doctors got in a fight with one of the ex-military at the front desk over the correct way to staple paperwork. That was extremely entertaining. The front desk guy came and apologized to me and the two others that were there later on. Turns out he was (is) a Marine. Not a peep from the doctor /shrug.

The Marine liasons were really strict and irritable at first, but once they discovered I wasn't there to cause any problems and remembered to say 'Sir' they were extremely helpful.

Sacramento MEPS doesn't have a game room, and there was nowhere you were allowed to use a phone. I'm jealous!

The first time I went there were about 9 of us from the Marine RS, about 5 from the Army RS, 3 from the Air force RS, and one for the Coast Guard RS. It was alright, All the poolees thought they were hot **** because they were signing a paper. I'm just a nasty civilian who hasn't done jack **** with his life yet besides sign a paper, IDK where they get their thoughts of superiority from. The second time I went, to actually DEP in, it was all USMC applicants. There were about 15 of us. The future poolees' heads were larger but at least most of them shut up that time. They had a couple big TV's in the waiting rooms so it wasn't so boring. It just annoyed me hearing all these kids talking about a bunch of stuff as if they know what their talking about. They were all full of it lol. But overall I kind of enjoyed it actually. The hotel was interesting the first time. Giggity. Yay loose girls lol.

Just wanna say at my MEPS experience there were 56 applicants, and 6 were for Marines... Also wasn't to bad except for the weird kid that kept trying to be my friend, lol. Also kinda sad when you see someone's dreams get crushed up there :/

Got stuck there for 14 hours, the rest of the marine applicants and I made it not bad of an experience.

I actually enjoyed it. It is what you make it. My brother and I went down at the same time, and since we are twins, we had paperwork switched on us and all that enjoyable stuff.

I try not to think about my MEPS experience(s). Essentially the liaison is a gunny FM who is about 5 foot 5 of pure hate who scared the hell of out everyone ha. I was talking to my friend who is now a Marine who agreed that she is scarier than DI's and he would rather talk to DI's than her.

I enjoyed my time at MEPS. Im not bothered by sitting around doing nothing, to be honest it was refreshing since I have been so busy lately. We actually had a great laugh, up at RS Atlanta (Fort Gillem), they got a tv in the area and let us have the remote. We turned it onto the cattle auction channel and watched the people that walked through. They'd look at the TV, then look at us, then look at the TV, then back at us. All the while we were grinning, and having a laugh. Pretty awesome feeling being surrounded by people all with a common cause at heart.

I'd have to agree that MEPS was fairly enjoyable. I've been there what seems like at least a dozen times, so the liaison knows me well and is pretty chill. The only problem I've ever had is with fellow poolees, who usually look at me like I have a **** growing out of my forehead when I say that I'm joining the Marines.

Last time I was there, we watched a Ghostbusters marathon, and although the food isn't fantastic, it's free. Not bad if you ask me.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Why wouldnt meps suck? haha. When i went i couldnt pee in the cup for the urinalysis so i got dq'd for that,i was given 4 attempts but couldnt. Had my liason ticked off as well as my recruiter for getting dq'd. I had to go back a second time, but i was prepared this time. I drunk a camel back full of warm water before i went and almost pee'd myself. But i got in

MCRD Parris Island
    03xx Infantry

Last edited by AdamI10; 10-25-11 at 08:05 AM. Reason: The sensor made the word i was using make my reply look a bit explicit

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoC View Post
    I enjoyed my time at MEPS. Im not bothered by sitting around doing nothing, to be honest it was refreshing since I have been so busy lately. We actually had a great laugh, up at RS Atlanta (Fort Gillem), they got a tv in the area and let us have the remote. We turned it onto the cattle auction channel and watched the people that walked through. They'd look at the TV, then look at us, then look at the TV, then back at us. All the while we were grinning, and having a laugh. Pretty awesome feeling being surrounded by people all with a common cause at heart.
    I went to MEPS there too. We watched this informercial for like and hour before the SSgt. told us that we could change the channel and handed us the remote. BUt as far as phones and games go, we couldn't bring our phones or they didnt have any games.

Same here no phones and no games. It's okay though, everyone in Seattle is very professional and even friendly if you go in there with a positive attitude, and a healthy respect for them.

Thread Information