Question for any Marine tankers out there.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for any Marine tankers out there.

Good morning, Gentlemen! (0147 as I type this)

I am hoping for MOS 1812, and I will find out if I get it in September. I was wondering... do I get to chose what position I'm in during my time in the tank? Or will I cycle through each position?

You will most likely start of as a loader. Then your TC will determine when you're ready to take on more responsibility.

Thanks!!

You'll eventually, as I understand it, get to do them all, but you start as a loader.

Just like any job in the Marines, you start off on the bottom then work/earn your way up with knowledge and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    You'll eventually, as I understand it, get to do them all, but you start as a loader.
    Some Marines never become a TC. Any guesses why?

Yes I've heard a few times I will get to do each position in the tank. Was never sure though.

And no Tangovictor87, why is that?

Because if you are a sh!t bag Marine, why would the Corps allow you to command a $6 million dollar machine and be responsible for the lives of the three other crewman.

Unless your a reservist I thought that you were an 18xx at enlistment. There is a chance you could become a tracker. Just don't get your hopes set on tanks. There really isn't much use for tanks in today's combat environment.

Yat Yas

Go Traks ...1833

Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    There really isn't much use for tanks in today's combat environment.
    BS on this, tanks saved my bacon on more than one occasion in Iraq. Is there likely to be tank -v- tank warfare in the near future? Probably not, however that doesn't mean that tanks are not useful in modern combat.

Quote Originally Posted by stretchusa View Post
    BS on this, tanks saved my bacon on more than one occasion in Iraq. Is there likely to be tank -v- tank warfare in the near future? Probably not, however that doesn't mean that tanks are not useful in modern combat.
    True, you never know when Iran, N. Korea, China, Russia, Pakistan, etc will act like fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    True, you never know when Iran, N. Korea, China, Russia, Pakistan, etc will act like fools.
    Hopefully we will never get involved with them. But we probably will.

Thread Information