Friends in Fatigues? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjar View Post
    I can't believe the heat this conversation brought up.
    I have no idea why I knew that there was a USC law against wearing military uniforms....I am completely innocent....some SNCO from many years back must have put that knowledge in my brain.

I think I need professional help! My new neighbor also needs professional help. My wife and I took our 8 yr old son up to Walter Reed last Friday, my wife was picking up that I was having issues with a prior enlisted Ltjg doctor....her AFEM ribbon was on backwards! My point was if she can't pay attention to detail...how are we supposed to expect her to pay attention to detail while she is treating our son for cancer? My wife didn't see an issue but she didn't question my thinking either. Yesterday I was telling my neighbor about the AFEM ribbon and he comes back with something along these lines; ..."she can't pay attention to detail on her own uniform, how the hell is she going to pay attention to your son?"

I'm thinking that me and the neighbor should not drink beer in large quantities together....could be dangerous for the community. I'm a retired 0369, he is a LtCol 0369.....bad combination...two drunks with the same thought patterns.

Specific to my now 16 yr old and her MARPATS....it still is fingernails on the chalkboard for me when she wears them even though the Rifle Team says it's good to go. Here she is at Perry waiting to shoot:

http://cmp1.zenfolio.com/p151657530/h2ce81aac#h2ce81aac

LOL!!!! Great comment sir. I would have noticed the ribbon too. DO NOT get me started on how many jacked the heck up ribbons I've corrected (sometimes, to my own chagrin when I neglected to use 'tact' LOL) on....well, enlisted, officers, sailors, Marines....

I once, many years ago, saw a LCMDR wearing the Asiatic/Pacific Campaign Medal along with some other fruit salad. Now, there was NO possible way this officer could have served in WWII, and even if he had, he was missing others. I politely asked him about the ribbon....and he advised me that he bought it because he had done a 'year in Japan and this is what they told me to get'. I was in Charlies and showed him the correct ribbon...he said he'd been wearing it for OVER 3 YEARS and I was the first person to say anything...

Good lookin daughter! I feel your pain there....hopefully any potential 'suitors' are fully vetted (My daughers are 21 & 19..)

I am new to the forum, I guess I am asking is it disrespectful for us who are Marines to wear Marpat or any other BDU now that we are separated?

I have been gone way too long from the Corps I love!

I just recently turned my last pair of cammies into a pair of shorts. They where old school ones, got out when they where phasing in the new ones.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by viper1833 View Post
    I just recently turned my last pair of cammies into a pair of shorts. They where old school ones, got out when they where phasing in the new ones.
    Herringbone?

Walter, I don't think so. After I got out, I didn't wear a THING USMC related for several years....but I wear the heck out of my cammie bottoms now (they are comfortable!) as well as a repro pair of P-41 trousers I have.

BTW....(Shameless plug for the USMCHC follows) I still have TONS of P-41 tops and bottoms for sale.....(Movie repros, high quality). Drop me a line if you want to re-live the glory days or just look cooooool. They are HBT, done to the EXACT pattern and using the identical dyes the Marine Corps used.

I do NOT have XXXL or XXXX small stuff.

www.sempertie.com good stuff, genuine too

As far as hunting goes, get multicam. Far superior to marpat in concealment, we need to switch over to it asap (though embed the ega in there for the motomotomotivators i guess ).

I saw some multicam being worn this weekend....but didn't really appeal to me.

And it HAS to have an EGA otherwise is just ghey army airsoft crap like THIS:

LOL yeah, that's ridiculous

that being said, I have no problem with all combat troops from all american branches wearing the exact same stuff. show off Marine pride in our service and dress uniforms but when we send guys out on patrol give them the best camo money can buy and at this point, that's multicam. it'll also save on having two different styles of camo when that one pattern is more effective than both our woodland and desert in either environment and in urban terrain where ours stand out

Totally ok with embedding the EGA but there's no reason to be able to tell a Marine unit from an Army unit when the bullets are going downrange, especially when the Army will be adopting something that'll keep their soldiers safer than our Marines. At the tip of the spear, inter-service squabbling doesn't mean a damn thing. It should be all about battlefield effectiveness and multicam is the shizzle fiznizzle on that front.

edit: AND if we let the army spend all their money we'd actually get GEAR that's in camo instead of wearing coyote brown and woodland packs over all this desert marpat making every penny of that R&D that was spent simply wasted cash :/

Not going to dispute you there.

Just imagine the fat kid in Multi-cam..LOL

I don't even think the camo suit from Predator could hide that tub

I'm From Krispy Kreme And Here To Protect Your Urrrrrrp Donuts!

Thread Information