Force Recon, Gone?
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Force Recon, Gone?

Is it true that when you become actual Force Recon, that you basically don't exsist, and are barely home?
    This is what I heard from a recruiter, and some guy came in trying to look up his son that is oversea's in FR and my recruiter couldn't find him or his files or anything. He could find most any Marine but not the FR Marine. Is this true? Or am I just over anaylizing stuff?

What did you think those men did, sit around and knit.

Swift, Silent and Deadly, freedom isn't cheap, Semper Fidelis.

no recon arent gone and dont exist as you say. They do deploy alot but thats about it i deal with them all the time here in the states

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think the gist of his question is whether force becomes secret squirrels. Most of the the stuff they do is classified but they don't suddenly become the invisible man. They don't dissappear off MOL or anything like that.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Alright I understand thank you Marines.

Recon Marines don't disappear, they blend in.

The gents that answered ahead of me pretty much nailed it down. Recon is forward observation. They do a lot of work that is kept very quiet. Sometimes they are in the field for extended periods of time.

As far as "are barely home" well, all service men of all branches are barely home.

Recon Marines files can be had just like any member of the services; there might be a lot of blackout ink in them though.

Your recruiter jerked your chain.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjar View Post
    Recon Marines don't disappear, they blend in.

The gents that answered ahead of me pretty much nailed it down. Recon is forward observation. They do a lot of work that is kept very quiet. Sometimes they are in the field for extended periods of time.

As far as "are barely home" well, all service men of all branches are barely home.

Recon Marines files can be had just like any member of the services; there might be a lot of blackout ink in them though.

Your recruiter jerked your chain.

Alright thank you.

Sounds like that guy's son is a poser feeding his family a tall tale.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltayn View Post
    Sounds like that guy's son is a poser feeding his family a tall tale.

Who?

some guy came in trying to look up his son that is oversea's in FR and my recruiter couldn't find him or his files or anything.
    Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of some kid running off to live in sin somewhere and calls home to feed his family some line of BS about how they joined the Marines and are a super secret squirrel now and that's why they never visit and don't say where they are cause they are off fighting terrorists and Russian spies in classified locations.
    Why would a dad go in to a recruit asking to have them look up the location/existence of their supposed Force Recon son? Probably cause he has doubts about what the son told him.
    If the recruiter couldn't find the kid on MOL's system, they aren't a Marine. It's as simple as that. EVERY Marine nowadays is in the database, whether they are active duty, reserve, or retired and living the civilian life.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltayn View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of some kid running off to live in sin somewhere and calls home to feed his family some line of BS about how they joined the Marines and are a super secret squirrel now and that's why they never visit and don't say where they are cause they are off fighting terrorists and Russian spies in classified locations.
    Why would a dad go in to a recruit asking to have them look up the location/existence of their supposed Force Recon son? Probably cause he has doubts about what the son told him.
    If the recruiter couldn't find the kid on MOL's system, they aren't a Marine. It's as simple as that. EVERY Marine nowadays is in the database, whether they are active duty, reserve, or retired and living the civilian life.

Thank you Marine, that makes sense. Alot of guys even lie about being Marines I know even if they were in the army just because they want to sound tuff so I test them.

uhh....

Thread Information