i need help with my run time and stradegy
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i need help with my run time and stradegy

right now i can run mile and half in 12 minutes, i obviously want to lower the time on that because thats the area where i need work and i really want to get a perfect PFT. I usually did treadmill, eliptical workouts but now im outside running. should i run a mile at least 5 days a week?

Mile 1/2- 12min
    Pullups- 20
    situps- 80

ship date- November 16, 2009

You should run 3 miles 2-3 days a week and then the other 2-3 days fill it with sprints.

personally I wouldn't run more than 3 times a week. However I am sold on Crossfit so that is what my PT is 5 days a week. www.crossfit.com

1 longer run 4-5 miles

4-6 400m sprints with 2-3 minutes rest between sprints

1 mile @ as fast as possible rest as needed repeat 2 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    thanks man this seems like something that will help me
    I'm gunna try my best to do this workout

Take it easy. Cut the miles in half. If your having trouble running, you shouldn't be going out and running 4-5 miles. try 2-3 miles. For Wed/Sat.

Remember to stretch. Don't go get tendinitis. It's a *****

alright i will thanks man, and then next week should i do 3-4 miles for wed/sat

Credits
    Savings
    http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/smar...-0-0-0,00.html

This lets you put in your running time and how many miles you wanna run a week then it gives you a day by day routine. I havent started it yet but im going to next week. My run time is not that great either.

Quote Originally Posted by nmcdade999 View Post
    alright i will thanks man, and then next week should i do 3-4 miles for wed/sat

No. spend a couple of weeks doing 2-3. You may feel ready but your hips/knees/shins may not be. If you can run 3 miles no problem then go for it, just make sure you follow that schedule, decide on a distance, change only when it says change, and rest when it says rest.

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    and spelling stratagy

Remember to stretch before and after you run for building distance try running further at a slower pace. Also I recommend running as fast as possible for a mile or so at the beginning or the end of the run. Remember to make your legs stronger with squats or something to.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Take it easy. Cut the miles in half. If your having trouble running, you shouldn't be going out and running 4-5 miles. try 2-3 miles. For Wed/Sat.

Remember to stretch. Don't go get tendinitis. It's a *****
    actually, stretching isn't really recommended from what I've heard.

usually you want to start with a brisk walk and high knees and a$$ kickers, until you get to your start point.

what I do is I make my start point about 50 yards from my house.

The time will eventually come off, just make sure to run everyday or every otherday, like switch it up, and do slow jogs for 3+ miles, or hard runs from 1-3 miles. This is what I do with my recruiter every morning, also running up hills helps alot.

Stretching should happen after warming your muscles otherwise bad things could happen before you even start working out.

Do what are called "fartleks" If you have a track near by or even just city blocks and stuff or parking lots...etc. What you do is sprint the straight aways and jog the curves or sprint/fast run for 20 or so seconds and then jog for 20-30 seconds and just keep running. It will help with endurance and speed. And in between days that 2-3 mile thing seems to work pretty well. Don't overdo it, results come gradually.

I don't know, that worked for me. Our recruiter told us to do fartleks.

Static stretching should only happen after workouts, PNF stretching would be ideal post workout. Look into it its good stuff. Use dynamic stretching to get warmed up and ready for your workouts.

Thread Information