What should I do? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
    Thanks alot.
    I've read that long distance cardio burns up nutrients needed for muscle building, that's why bodybuilders stick to sprinting. Do your lifts still increase, with all the running in your routine?
    Yes it does. As long as I don't plateau and keep the weight lifting, my lifts will increase still. And yes, long distance cardio does burn up nutrients for muscle building, but since I'm closer to boot camp than you are, I'm not worried about muscle atrophy, since that will most likely happen in boot and ITB. But like I said before, take your whole junior year and bulk the whole way, and start doing massive cardio the summer before your senior year all the way until your ship date. And as for the information I gave you about the cardio, just be conservative about it, put a run here and there into your days so you won't be too pudgy lol.

And thank you PFC, I will incorporate some of those suggestions into my workouts, especially explosive power.

My mind is fried... swim, swim some more, and then swim again. Yeah when you're done swim some more.

You're in Texas, Ethos? You should be swimming like a fish and nearly living outdoors.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    My mind is fried... swim, swim some more, and then swim again. Yeah when you're done swim some more.

You're in Texas, Ethos? You should be swimming like a fish and nearly living outdoors.

Carry on.
    I do not have any access to a pool nearby, and if I were to swim in the lake I live close to, I would be torn to shreds by alligators, lol really. But yes, I will most likely spend some time in the pool this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    I do not have any access to a pool nearby, and if I were to swim in the lake I live close to, I would be torn to shreds by alligators, lol really. But yes, I will most likely spend some time in the pool this summer.
    Alligators? Sounds like survival swimming... good incentive to become a first class swimmer

As an aside, Hotels and the like usually have swimming pools and health clubs and are usually less expensive then a full blown health club.

Last edited by NoRemorse; 04-10-09 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Had to add the bit about the hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Alligators? Sounds like survival swimming... good incentive to become a first class swimmer

As an aside, Hotels and the like usually have swimming pools and health clubs and are usually less expensive then a full blown health club.
    Lol, thank you, sir, but I live in a hickity hick town in the woods, the closest pool would be the school pool, but it is temporarily shut down due to the Hurricane Ike damages and is under reconstruction. I should have access this summer though.

Lol, thank you, sir, but I live in a hickity hick town in the woods, the closest pool would be the school pool, but it is temporarily shut down due to the Hurricane Ike damages and is under reconstruction. I should have access this summer though.

That looks like some good drownproofing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    Oh **** it'll even match my room.

Wait wut? lol

If you can out swim the gators you will be an excellent Marine.

Thread Information