Semper Fidelis
Create Post

Thread: Semper Fidelis

Thumbs up Semper Fidelis

Semper Fidelis-

You ask what does this mean, well in a short answer in means "Always Faithful" However in a more indepth view in means many things. As Marines we are dedicated to something more than ourselves. We are dedicated to a sense of pride and tradition since the Marine Corps conception on Nov 10, 1775. We as Marines have embraced these ideals in many ways. We have waged battles all across this earth from the Islands of the Pacific, to the Deserts of Iraq. Throughout the years we have taken care of our own, we have accomplished our missons. This is what seperates us from the Army, Airforce, Navy, and Coast Guard. In all of this we are Leathernecks, we are Devil Dogs. This is why we are Marines!!!!

Poolees- you have just read the above passage which I wrote in my own words. Why am I writing this here, I am writing this to give you an insight on what being a Marine is all about. It is not individual, it is not given, it is a team, and it is earned. If there is one thing for you to remember before going to Boot Camp before all other is "Semper Fidelis". With remembering this you will accomplish what you set out to do. There will be times that you will want to give up, there will be times that you will disagree with something, there will be times you hate it. In the end though you are there not only there for yourself, but also for you fellow Marines, the Corps, and your Country. I congratulate each, and everyone of you for taking the first step towards Earning the Title, by becoming Poolees.

"Semper Fidelis"
    LCpl Otten B.M

Thank you LCpl. That's very inspiring. It really is an honor to be able to stand up for the best country in the world.

Credits
    Savings
    Great post!

Just wanna throw this out there, poolees....when PMing a Marine, seeking out their advice....don't sign out with a "Semper Fi" or "Semper Fidelis" or "OOH-RAH" or any of that trash. YOU DON'T RATE! I'm sick of that trash...

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
    Just wanna throw this out there, poolees....when PMing a Marine, seeking out their advice....don't sign out with a "Semper Fi" or "Semper Fidelis" or "OOH-RAH" or any of that trash. YOU DON'T RATE! I'm sick of that trash...
    Is your CO ready to deploy that lil Marine yet?

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Is your CO ready to deploy that lil Marine yet?
    We had a doctor's appointment scheduled for this morning, but the damn roads are full of ice so that trash's a no-go. She's due in early February. Ready to pop. Chewing me out all the time. I wanna Request Mast! LOL....

Thank you for your words.

Thread Information