United States Army - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Why are we giving this f--kstick attention? Hasn't been a Marine, but claims he's as good as. F--k that sheet. Till he walks the walk, I don't want to here the talk. Nuff said. Now, lets get on to more important topics, like, how do you get skid marks out of you skivvies.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Next time I run through a field of fire, get some lead "implants", and have to carry, and drag a couple of MARINES, to safety, I'll remember these posts!....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

I'll watch your back anytime, Doc....I know you'll watch mine, brother...SEMPER FI...

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    Why are we giving this f--kstick attention? Hasn't been a Marine, but claims he's as good as. F--k that sheet. Till he walks the walk, I don't want to here the talk. Nuff said. Now, lets get on to more important topics, like, how do you get skid marks out of you skivvies.
    Turn' em to the front; flip 'em inside out; turn 'em again; toss 'em in the burn barrel.... ooooorrrrrrr....

Ask her nicely.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 29letsgo View Post
    Alright, just to clear some stuff up, I will admit Army boot camp at Fort Jackson can be pretty weak wont lie. And the Army dosent use stress cards, they tested it out and in a few cycles a quickly removed it. I myself did not go to Jackson, I went to Fort Benning, home of the Infantry, and boot camp for me was 11 weeks, its been extended, not including a week in reception. Then I had my Infantry MOS school at Fort Benning with no break. Also, our DS's kept us up till 11 every night, and we woke up every morning at 0430 for PT formation, we ran 6 - 10 miles 3 to 5 times a week the entire stretch of boot camp, and we did not get weekends off, i dont know where people keep getting that from. And we have something similar to your Crucible its called Warrior Forge and its 5 days long. Another thing, ample time to eat, my DS's would barely let you get enough time sit down let alone finish your food. And that picture with the fat soldier, I will admit that is absolutely disgusting and I guarantee he was kicked out, he has no buisness wearing a uniform. And just to let you know, Yes the Army is going to Pay for my tuition at VMI, but heres my dilemma, i have two options available at VMI, Commission a Infantry Officer in the Marine Corp or Commission a Army Infantry Officer with a Ranger option. But all in all I think alot of you missed the point of this thread, I wasent looking for ego driven rib shots at the Army, more mature opinion. Im in the Army, and ive serve around Marines, and Ive seen **** ups and dip****s in both branches, but I can tell you I have defiantly served under soldiers and NCOs in the Army who have my Undying respect and I would follow to hell and back before I followed some Marines ive meet, now to keeps things fair, ive seen some jacked up NCOs in the Army too. My point is i love both branches, and Ive been able to see past all the Image and ego **** and see them both for what they are. There both excellent fighting forces, each with histories that can and should be respected, both branches have lost men, and paid the blood sacrifice for the United States. O, and one last thing the Army is like an unsung hero, it does most of the work, but gets non of glory and credit, humble heros if you ask me. All I ask is for Marine to show some more respect towards the Army, and dont forget that your not the only ones on the front lines kickin ass.

I don't get what you're asking for. Respect for the Army, okay that's fine. I would say the **** talking started to drop off around 2003, and some of the most mindless folks are boots, and they're just going off what others are telling them. If you're trying to decide which branch to be an Officer in, I really would have to say Marines, it's a higher standard for sure. It sounds like you are interested in special operations too. Well you obviously know that the Marine Corps is expanding like crazy into that realm with the additional funding for MARSOC and the non-SOC special operations units. It could be a great time to get in, and I guarantee you now that the Marines have joined that command, there's a lot of people who would have gone to the Army for SF instead looking into USMC.
    On the other hand, the Army is adding a bunch of SF battalions so it might be easier for an officer, seeing that you have to compete for such a tiny handful of open spaces.

Alright, just to clear some stuff up, I will admit Army boot camp at Fort Jackson can be pretty weak wont lie. And the Army dosent use stress cards, they tested it out and in a few cycles a quickly removed it. I myself did not go to Jackson, I went to Fort Benning, home of the Infantry, and boot camp for me was 11 weeks, its been extended, not including a week in reception. Then I had my Infantry MOS school at Fort Benning with no break. Also, our DS's kept us up till 11 every night, and we woke up every morning at 0430 for PT formation, we ran 6 - 10 miles 3 to 5 times a week the entire stretch of boot camp, and we did not get weekends off, i dont know where people keep getting that from. And we have something similar to your Crucible its called Warrior Forge and its 5 days long. Another thing, ample time to eat, my DS's would barely let you get enough time sit down let alone finish your food. And that picture with the fat soldier, I will admit that is absolutely disgusting and I guarantee he was kicked out, he has no buisness wearing a uniform. And just to let you know, Yes the Army is going to Pay for my tuition at VMI, but heres my dilemma, i have two options available at VMI, Commission a Infantry Officer in the Marine Corp or Commission a Army Infantry Officer with a Ranger option. But all in all I think alot of you missed the point of this thread, I wasent looking for ego driven rib shots at the Army, more mature opinion. Im in the Army, and ive serve around Marines, and Ive seen **** ups and dip****s in both branches, but I can tell you I have defiantly served under soldiers and NCOs in the Army who have my Undying respect and I would follow to hell and back before I followed some Marines ive meet, now to keeps things fair, ive seen some jacked up NCOs in the Army too. My point is i love both branches, and Ive been able to see past all the Image and ego **** and see them both for what they are. There both excellent fighting forces, each with histories that can and should be respected, both branches have lost men, and paid the blood sacrifice for the United States. O, and one last thing the Army is like an unsung hero, it does most of the work, but gets non of glory and credit, humble heros if you ask me. All I ask is for Marine to show some more respect towards the Army, and dont forget that your not the only ones on the front lines kickin ass.
    We'll keep fixing your mistakes,USMC WE DO IT BEST.

BTW dog get the hell out of here this is A Marine site.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Wink Ft.bragg Nco Club Late 1969

YOU EVER WALKED IN A ROOMFULL OF GREEN BERETS,YES GREEN BERETS NOT SPECIAL FARCES(LOL) I HAVE AT FT.BRAGG.WEARING MY DRESS BLUES W/MY WINGS PINNED ON MY CHEST.THOSE BASTARDS WOULD NOT LET ME BUY A DRINK NO CHIT.PLUS MY FATHER WAS THEIR ACTING SGT.MAJOR BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW THAT.U.S.ARMY BRAT BY BIRTH,UNITED STATES MARINE BY CHOICE;SURVIVIOR BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND THE HEROICS OF A FEW BRAVE MARINES.

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68 View Post
    YOU EVER WALKED IN A ROOMFULL OF GREEN BERETS,YES GREEN BERETS NOT SPECIAL FARCES(LOL) I HAVE AT FT.BRAGG.WEARING MY DRESS BLUES W/MY WINGS PINNED ON MY CHEST.THOSE BASTARDS WOULD NOT LET ME BUY A DRINK NO CHIT.PLUS MY FATHER WAS THEIR ACTING SGT.MAJOR BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW THAT.U.S.ARMY BRAT BY BIRTH,UNITED STATES MARINE BY CHOICE;SURVIVIOR BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND THE HEROICS OF A FEW BRAVE MARINES.
    Fist you need to go on the Religion topic site a few poolees could use a attitude adjustment,lol. BY THE GRACE OF GOD,Semper FI.

Explain to me why i was on Camp Fallajuah a month before the seige and the army guys were alowed to walked around the camp in civilian clothes ....no lie dudes were walking around in jean shorts and sandals and the girls too they were wearing stuff thay they really shouldnt have.

I think the very best way to answer your dumb question is this.........

IF YOUR AND YOUR ASSWIPE COLLEGE BOYS ARE SO GREAT.......

WTF YOU DOING ON OUR BOARD ?
    Trying to be with the best is hard aint it?

It says something when a USMC Private is more disciplined, trained, and trusted to get the job done over an Army Sergeant and so on.

Actually, as a matter of fact, I would rather never be promoted the rest of my career than be given every Army enlisted rank. Semper Fi

Is this guy serious?

Aside from the SF and Ranger soldiers, I have no regard for the Army. Their neglect and lack of training got my Doc and a few of my Marines taken out of the fight PERMANENTLY back in '04. The Army's training and lack of quality leadership are what makes it inferior to the Marine Corps and that will never change.

I was a boot Corporal on my second tour and I had more responsibility than Army SSgts. That says enough about the Army's trust in their NCOs.

Semper Fi Marines.

Unfortunately I was at Ft. Bragg last week to see my son in laws father who is retired army after 27 years. He lives in Fayetteville and was at Womack Hospital on base in very bad shape. Anyway later on we went down to the cafeteria to grab some chow. Couldnt believe the beef that was in there,I aint talking food eather. Would venture to say 10+% was overweight. A lot of ****birds,etc. running around too. Just my observations, LOL. Know for a fact the Corps is better disceplined, organized, and wear their uniform squared away. Nobody can tell me any different. So take your Doggie arse off this Marine website. Stay in the Army...you belong there...Goodby and DE DE MAU

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc0331 View Post
    are you kidding? The army is a complete joke. We fix your **** ups every time you idiots are deployed. Look at the 1st gulf war for example Good ol gen norm Swartzkopf(sp?) tried to show case the army and got totally shut down-the marines kicked serious documented ass. Look at your idiot rangers who botched up somalia and who saved your ass-yep the usmc. the list goes on and on since 1775. I have trained with you army dogs(as Im sure many of my brothers and sisters have here) and it is nothing more than disgusting about how **** poor trained you all are. It starts at bootcamp (yes it has changed a bunch since I went in 97-sad now--) but for 13 weeks we didnt get to call home, talk to one another, have party time. We were treated like training day 1 recruits literally 12 of the 13 weeks. We weeded out the non hackers(started with 78 recruits and graduated with 48) and knew that making mistakes would cost marines to lose their lives in combat. Our 4 Drill Instructors made sure we bleed god, country and corp. Thats were the transformation starts and carries on to the fleet.

Now what about the Army, o yeah I forgot the new Army directives for basic training
    you are gaurenteed 8 hours asleep a night
    you are gaurenteed your fill with plenty of time to eat at the chow hall
    and the kicker--the army doesnt feel the need to yell at recruits as much, its better to pull them aside and re direct them
    I have had friends of mine who went through army bootcamp and talked about pillow fights in their dorm style rooms, liberty on the weekends and free time etc-what the hell is that? nothing more than a recipe for disaster on and off the battle field

dont get me wrong there are some good soldiers out there who have served greatly, but the amount of **** poor soldiers out there surely outweigh any of that.

The army breeds individualism-an army of one--a mistake right there

We are the The few, the proud, the marines--one heart-one blood-one soul semper fi
    Smart Marine

Thread Information