PT'ing with your recruiters
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PT'ing with your recruiters

Anyone here PT with his/her recruiter prior to shipping off? I am and I have to admit, it's a lot of work just to keep up. It's cool that they let me, and I'm glad to have this opportunity to train with them. It's cool to work hard with Marines who want me to be one of them!
    I get up everyday at 0600 hours and sometimes they're even surprised to see me show up. I'm actually the only one who PT's with them besides the other recruiters who work there!
    My next Poolee function is this upcoming Saturday (they switched it from last Saturday to help with their own schedules) and hopefully it wont be too tough.

When I did PT with my recruiter, even though I'm only a guest, I have never felt so motivated in my life.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I enjoy PT with my recruiter and the rest of the poolees, i enjoy working out and everything by myself at the gym but PT really make me push my limits when it comes to running, pullups, etc...

It sounds weird but I really just like to do it by myself. Luckily my recruiter doesn't care, so long as I do it on my own. I'm usually working during our weekly PT anyway.

0600 hours is the Army not the USMC. We just say 0600.

I'm not coming down on you I'm just letting you know now before your corrected on it.

our recruters SLAY US!

we've had guys come back from boot saying quote "Boot camp is NOTHING compared to PT with Sgt. Jones" Sgt. Jones was fun. too bad he works at headquarters now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer0311 View Post

I'm not coming down on you I'm just letting you know now before your corrected on it.
    I like to say Zero Six

Quote Originally Posted by UsmcMotorT View Post
    I like to say Zero Six
    How about Zero Dark Thirty for PT in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer0311 View Post

Oh, I just typed "Military Time" in my URL and it popped up with this page:

http://www.spacearchive.info/military.htm

....I guess "space archive" didn't catch my eye, just the military part. My apologies.

It's cool if you don't PT with your recruiters; more power to you!

Every Wednesdays is PT at our station. Sometimes Poolees get together at 0800 every day at the office and go on a run.

A Poolee just donated some huge tractor tires and we had some fun with those last week. We did relays and races and group inclined pushups on the tires. It was way fun.

I used to PT with my recruiter all of the time; it was 5 days a week for about three hours each time over a span of 10 weeks. I was always motivated when I PT'd with him, and I always looked forward to going to the office to PT, although it was a 45 minute drive each way to the RSS. I still keep in contact with my old Marine recruiter and he has become a very good & close friend of mine, and we still talk every single day. He can motivate me to do just about anything like no one else can.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Some people pay hundreds of dollars a month for what poolees can get for free. Take advantage of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    Some people pay hundreds of dollars a month for what poolees can get for free. Take advantage of it!
    Amen to that. i can't tell you how many times i have been told to just get a membership at some LA fitness or some such. I just tell 'em why pay for PT when I can get it for from the mighty Marine Corps.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
    Amen to that. i can't tell you how many times i have been told to just get a membership at some LA fitness or some such. I just tell 'em why pay for PT when I can get it for from the mighty Marine Corps.
    This is a question just begging to be asked...

Do any of you do PT without your recruiters?

NOT AT ALL starting an argument...

But honestly... Do you guys at all do PT on your own?

(This is a question, NOT an argument... It's more of a yes, or no question...)

And to add to the subject of the thread, I myself PT each day, (not with recruiter) and every now and then PT with recruiters... (But preferably servicemen I'm friends with...)

I have been training for 8 months now. I lost almost 10% body fat, have gained 10 pounds of muscle, and could out run your average joe by ten miles.

I'm not even a poolee yet, so yes, i train without a recruiter.

Thread Information