Second thoughts - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Second thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cpl liz
    I suspect we all had "cold feet", though I remember it as sweat pouring off me & nausea on the bus ride over the causeway to PI, and it wasn't from the heat. Hope she goes through with it. If it wasn't for what I learned in the Corps, I'd be lost now.
    I thought it was a great adventure till the recieving Drill Instructer stepped on the bus and screamed "GET OFF MY F***ING BUS NOW! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!". That's the instant I realized I wasn't in Kansas anymore. LOL

But, I wouldn't be the person I am today if I had backed out. Probably would have ended up like my two brothers with a prison record. I was on probation when I joined, and the recruiter hid my record. When I didn't show up for the probation officer they sent the Sheriff to arrest me at home. My Mother told him I was at MCRD San Diego if he wanted me. The Sheriff said "Well they'll straighten him out better than we ever could" and the state dropped their arrest warrant. When I got home from boot the Sheriff shook my hand.

someone else said it better already, we all have the fear of the unknown and second thoughts. I remember thinking "What have I done?" "Maybe I should say that I lied and I have asthma." Have her watch "the making of a Marine" she can buy it on dvd for $25 bucks. It takes away all the mystery of boot camp etc. She also needs to read all these post! I bet anyone on here would write her in a heartbeat to answer questions and give her support.
    Semper Fi,
    Taco

I sense a disgruntled individual here who has some 'issues'.

Try again, sports fans.

Conceeding the point, sure, 'nothing' may happen, except a loss of self respect, a longing desire to 'try again', and the thoughts of what 'might have been'.

Or, you could turn into a bitter and disgruntled wannabe whose second post on this site contains some hints of what you could become, with work that is.

I predict a visit from a black helicopter after smoke has been popped, and 'screwedover' will last no longer here than he/she did in the Marine Corps.

Likely less time.

Once you have recited the oath, you are in my opinion morally, and ethically committed to the Marine Corps. If you wimp out and quit now you will be forever branded a coward by those of us who followed through on their oath. Do you want to spend the rest of your life knowing in your heart you are a coward? This is just my opinion mind you, but I stand behind my convictions and never promise, or say anything I do not mean.

It used to be once you recited the oath you where in no matter what, and if she recited the oath then in my book shes a recruit.. I say give her orders to report to MCRD PI or SD and if she dont show shes AWOL , and put her young arse in CC and make her do her time for 8 years. Thats the problem with our Military today you have a UCMJ and they dont follow it too the letter. She signed a legal contract and she should be made to stand by it..

Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy
    It used to be once you recited the oath you where in no matter what and if she recited the oath then in my book shes a recruit.. I say give her orders to report to MCRD PI or SD and if she dont show shes AWOL , and put her young arse in CC and make her do her time for 8 years. Thats the problem with our Military today you have a UCMJ and they dont follow it too the letter.
    Exactly! Even the military has become to Politically Correct. You recite the oath there should be no turning back. Ship her off to Boot and if she refuses to do her duty, then CCP for her for no less than 6 months, and a Dishonorable Discharge.

If she refuses send her to jail no boot camp we don't need any nonhackers.

I remember back in 1969 I watched this young recruite jump on 2 Drill Instructors and he gave these 2 Drill Instructors a severe tongue lashing when all of sudden this 3rd Drill Instructor walked up, asked him if he was done in which he replied he was and all 3 drill instructors jumped on him and kicked the Mustard out of his arse. while this recruite was gettin his arse whipped all he could say was you Northern boys aint schlitz after the DIs inflicted so much pain on this young man and was lying on the deck bleeding 1 of the Drill Instructors walked up and said by the way you Fifin Maggot where all from alabama.. gawd i will never forget that..

Only Second Thoughts I Had Was The Meal In Front Of Me. It Looked Like Some One Barfed All Over The Plate. Hhm, My First Encounter With S.o.s. My 1st Meal In The Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPER7199
    Only Second Thoughts I Had Was The Meal In Front Of Me. It Looked Like Some One Barfed All Over The Plate. Hhm, My First Encounter With S.o.s. My 1st Meal In The Corps.
    Awwwww Yes! SOS Does it ever go out of style? In Fact I still have it once in a while for old times sake.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If I had to choose to pick between chipped beef on toast or SOS on a split biscuit I'm not sure if I could decide. Both are still great tasting to me.

Becoming a Marine is a life long challenge but tell her when she's done with boot she'll just be reporting to a 9-5 with bennies Just kidding. As can be seen on numerous posts on this forum and others like it Marines stand together. In other words Marines stand together to help lads and lasses get in the Marines and join a part of the worlds finest. Be warned though that whimp out and go crying home to mama then there is no sypmpathy. I think I read a quote somewhere. "The Marines have done more by 6 am than you will do all day".

SOS the breakfast of champions,lol.

I agree with hrscowboy. She signed the contract. She needs to stand up and live up to her end of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jahhead88
    I agree with hrscowboy. She signed the contract. She needs to stand up and live up to her end of the deal.
    Trouble is there are to many CLODS (Clinton-style Obstructionist Democrats) in Washington who would throw a hissy if the Corps lowered her precious self-esteem by Court Mashalling her sorry a**.

I read somewhere once that, statistically, per mess hall (NOT per man) Staff NCO messes served more SOS than troops' messes.

That would seem to indicate you need to acquire a taste for SOS.

Biscuits and gravy are on most breakfast menus around here. Basically, it's SOS with biscuits instead of toast. Someday I'm going to order it on toast instead of biscuits for old times sake.

My wife made a batch a number of years ago. A buddy of mine (ex Army) and I scarfed most of it. Everyone else said it looked yucky. Which would reinforce my first statement.

Oh, well. It's bedtime.

crate

Thread Information