Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0531

Hey guys, finally recieved my MOS and was sworn in today. My recruiter did fill me in on my 0531 MOS. Firing SWAW rockets and such. But would it be possible to have any other mos's like rifleman or machine gunner in SOI? Btw im going reserve not active. Thanks for any help.

You get one MOS- it isn't a game you get to pick which job you're doing each day. You're a reservist, so you know what MOS you're getting.

I'll let you do the research and just tell you that it isn't 0531.

its 0351...

K guys I get it. Just a question. Thanks

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Aw geez! You get to be a professional Rocket Man? Outstanding!

Just you and a rocket vs. a bunkered enemy squad or a 82 ton T-80!

No, im excited, I just wasn't sure how it worked in the reserve units. Should be a great challenge and adventure.

I was going to say, anything 05XX is dealing MAGTF, and only one MOS which is 0511 in that. That's a part of my Data Systems contract along with 065X. From what you said, it definitely sounds infantry and not MAGTF LOL.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kp42
    No, im excited, I just wasn't sure how it worked in the reserve units. Should be a great challenge and adventure.
    You are going to be very popular at the battle front!

Keep up your PT!

Oh I didnt even see i messed up on 0351. Sorry for the mistake. I leave next september, PI. It goes to show you some things when at MEPS today there was 25 army enlistees and 3 Marine

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    You should be able to sprint 300 meters carrying and a wounded Marine then 300 meters back carrying two rockets. And then have the cardio to accurately aim and destroy enemy placements or armored vehicle.

Everyone I know with your MOS loves it. You will get good training- but you won't be a machine gunner or an 0311. You'll be an 0351.

0351 MOS rocks, but you better be pretty good with math, because you're not just going to be firing SMAWs. I saw something cool the other day, a SMAW with an ACOG on it instead of the standard optics. I wanted to be one, but the needs of the Corps come first, just remember that because I've got some contract 0311s in my section that were voluntold to be 0341s.

I'm an 0351, what you actually do as a 51 will entirely depend on if you're in a line company or a weapons company. Since you're a reservist you should already know, so which one is it?

Regardless, 51's these days are straight up 11's that carry a few extra toys. That's it. Our job is the most academic in the infantry, don't get to the fleet and forget the formulas and everything else you learned at SOI.

What's the difference (in what you are doing) between a line and a weapons company?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    You should be able to sprint 300 meters carrying and a wounded Marine then 300 meters back carrying two rockets. And then have the cardio to accurately aim and destroy enemy placements or armored vehicle.
    LMAO! i had to laugh at this one... damn that would suck!

Thread Information