Marines Betrayed me
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marines Betrayed me

I was wondering if anyone would know how to assist me in getting any benefits that may be afforded me. If you read the thread Betrayed by the VA and read the one by CplSaffels, that is my father and that is my story. If any of you could help me I could really use any assistance that you may have to offer on the subject.

Sempri Fi Ooh Rah

Why would the VA owe you anything? You're not a veteran.

I don't know they would, that's my question. I only made it through two weeks in boot when they found my kidney failure. I wanted to serve my country with all my heart I tried but they said I was medically unfit for duty. My father was sprayed with Agent Orenge, and they have linked some of my health issues with that. I may not have been able to serve on a battle feild but I have put in my share of blood and pain.

By the way I made a bad choice on my title and I am sorry for that..

I was in combat did my 4 years and just got denied on every claim I put in.
    I waited for 2 years for these claims to come back an got ****. You just gotta wait in line. The VA won't help so just give up.

I thought you aren't a MARINE until you complete Boot Camp and given the EGA and title as MARINE

Roger that Mac- I was in fallujah, same story, they arent much help at all. 2 years still nothing....

Sorry crysafe, the ONLY disability recognized by the VA as being the result of the child having a parent exposed to Agent Orange is Spina Bifida. So unless you have Spina Bifida, you don't have a valid claim. In order to link your kidney failure to your father being exposed to AO, you will need A LOT of scientific evidence and DEFENITIVE MEDICAL OPINIONS (no mabyes here) that your health issue(s) are UNDOUBTEDLY caused by your dad's AO exposure, which is why there are no other child's disabilities recognized as being caused by a parent's AO exposure.
    MacAngus and zx6rdr and anyone else out thatr that has filed and lost a claim, or had long waits for claim processing remember that processing times for claims vary from one regional office to another, but one thing remains constant: you can file a claim for anything that you want, any time that you want...WINNING a claim is something else. To WIN a claim regardless of what disability it is for, you MUST have 3 things...(1) an in service incident or occurance that resulted in a CHRONIC problem...(2) a CURRENT diagnosis of a disability...and (3) a MEDICAL opinion that LINKS the in service incident or occurance to the currently diagnosed disability.
    The best advice that I can give to anyone that wants to WIN a claim for VA benefits is to find a good Veterans Benefits Counselor to assist you with all aspects of your claim. Start with the STATE veteran's organization in your state and make sure (ask) if the counselor is accredited by a veterans service organization (American Legion, VFW, Marine Corps League, Fleet Reserve Association, etc) and let him/her handle your claim. Remember that the veteran that handles his own claim is usually his own worst enemy. Get a professional (and NOT a lawyer.. very few lawyers specalize in VA law... the fed limits the fees that they can charge vets, so there is no money in it for lawyers)and let the pro tell you what to do. Provide him/her with the necessary evidence to support your claim and YOU WILL WIN!

For those who were serving in IRAQ and Afghanistan. Contact me, I will help you out on your cause as best I can. Maybe I can help you kick the VA into moving for you.

Semper Fi,

I agree with the "TOP", 100%, and I would add if you qualify, join that organization, you will meet others that may have been in the same boat as you and you can get stright opinions. I joined the DAV and the Service Rep worked with me till I got what I felt was a fair shake from the VA. I know this may cause a vew strong replys, but it isn't the VA its the dunnies you have to work with, thats the hang up, some believe they are "GOD", and they don't qualify as an angel.. BUT NEVER GIVE UP, if you do, they have won.

Cool

two years,hell I waited 12 years,the secret is to not give up appeal every decision they make.they're hopin you'll say F--- it.not worth the hassle.If you do,they win

Thumbs up Don't give up.

Agree, never stop. If you were in combat, or attended training where you had live fire (or large sounding noises) and your ears constantly ring (one or both) thats worth a 10% claim, which will open some doors. Once you get something you can always continue to stress the initial condition.

Go to 2nd battalion 94th artillery. This man has done more for agent orange victoms than anybody I know. also try agent orange statistices and the Vietnam war.

Yes never give up on a claim and ALWAYS use a service rep. I know it take time to get claims through but you just got to hang on. There is light at the end.
    Like they have said just keep on pushing. If it was easy everone would have a disability.
    Once it happens you will find that there is all kinds of help.
    Yes crysafe all that has been asociated with AO is spina Bifida but there is a few other that they are looking at so maybe some day.
    I have been a State service officer and I worked for the DAV service office in Oklahoma and I also was accredited so I am up front on this.
    You will find that they do no there job.

I just want to know how you are a female and attended boot camp at San Diego????? And your platoon number in 1989 defintely wasn't 3279. IF you spent two weeks at boot camp as you claim you surely would have known what recruit depot you went to and what your platoon number was.

Thread Information