Do or Dont
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do or Dont

Do or Dont

I don't know about you guys/woman. But it ****es me off when I hear about people in the DEP that are contemplating whether or not they really want it. I have a hard time worrying if I CAN get in. I want to get in so bad but my eyesight I'm worried about and just stuff like that

So do us a favor, dont gamble with enlisting, either do it and be proud of it or dont. If you obviously have room for hesitation then its truly not what you want to be. But **** those kids trying to say they want to go in, but susy will miss sucking their d/ck while there gone.

If anyone feels the same way, and are just frustrated with it feel free to leave ur comments....

thanks for your time,
    JesseR

Last edited by thedrifter; 06-01-07 at 08:32 AM.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Damn fvcking straight! Like I said in another thread.. you guys in the DEP and you poolees shouldn't take what you got for granted. There are MANY MANY people who desire to be Marines but can't for whatever reason.

But f/ck those kids trying to say they want to go in, but susy will miss sucking their d/ck while there gone.
    Hahaha.

There's an old saying that if Marines ain't b!tchin they ain't happy. I suppose it applies to poolees as well.

But, in truth I agree with you. If they really don't know if they want to do it, they need to shut up and go away. There are plenty of people that really want to be in that could take their place.

Like none of you never had your doubts at one point in time for example a week before shipping out you were probably or will be thinking "oh **** what did I get myself into why did I do this" so we all do at one point in time. I mean I understand if they are always saying that then it would be annoying, but if not cut them some slack.

Surprisingly, I've had some troubled times during my DEP...and now that they're all squared away it makes me even more motivated. I feel like, after having conquered all that bull **** by some hippy, and dealing with slacking off and almost not graduating high school (even though I graduated summa cum laude), I feel like recruit training will be a priviledge just to go to.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CantWaitToSign
    Like none of you never had your doubts at one point in time for example a week before shipping out you were probably or will be thinking "oh **** what did I get myself into why did I do this" so we all do at one point in time. I mean I understand if they are always saying that then it would be annoying, but if not cut them some slack.
    Hell yeah! I thought that the day I left to go to bootcamp, again that night before they FINALLY let me lay my head down and did it several more times throughout bootcamp! I ain't gonna lie about it - all of us did/have/still do.

It's like listening to a record with a scratch on it (wait a minute - do ya'll even know what I'm talking about - you know, a round piece of vinyl that you put on this thing that makes it go around and round and it has a needle that you set down on it and music comes out of your speakers) for a few minutes before it drives you absolutely insane. Reading "should I?should I not?" in every other post drives some of us older ones INSANE! You got a 50/50 chance - flip a quarter - make a commitment and stick with it.

You either want it or you don't - how hard is YOUR drive?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    how hard is YOUR drive?

I have a Floppy Disk!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    mesaRAT488, I know which thread you are referring to, and yes I agree. But you have to remember that if the Corps were open to everyone, then we'd have no wannabes out there stealing valor and what not. You see not all people are qualified for enlistment in our Corps, and there is a reason for that! We don't want the garbage and trash the other branches have to worry about! There some people that go to exteme to make a vocal or written opinions (true or false), and would die before they would admit they were wrong. When you Poolees have a year to consider the options (or think about it), then there ARE times when you look for a way out, if only for a moment! Unfortunately, some times the decision takes to long, or the opportunity pops up, and they get what they think they wanted, and that's to get out of the obligation. Then, later in life, they realize they screwed up and then it's to late! I have known several HEROS in my lifetime, and thier story is always the same, "I WAS A MARINE, I WAS IN NAM, I GOT THE PURPLE HEART, I GOT SOME OTHER MEDAL", you know the type! They just missed the chance to make something of themselves and they let it slide by---now it's to late, so they lie about it, hell there are still alot of people that doesn't know any better, they believe them and that's what they feed on. Always have----Always will! That's the way it is!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Hell yeah! I thought that the day I left to go to bootcamp, again that night
    Yep, as I remember it, I had been there about 30 minutes when I said "OH $HIT, WAHT HAVE I DONE?". Then those nice fellows wearing the Smokey Bear hats came into my life. They were so understanding and gentle and kind and considerate (of the Corps). You Marines remember them, they acted like they knew your whole family, your mom, girlfriend, sister, everyone! They explained everything in detail about the training and everything, remember? They even took time to teach you all the vulgar language you'd never heard before and made you realize that every girl friend was a wh0re and a b1tch, remember? Yep I felt real safe and secure after they came into my life! They made me realize why I was there! After I got over shaking and nearly pi$$ing myself, that is!

YEP THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    Surprisingly, I've had some troubled times during my DEP...and now that they're all squared away it makes me even more motivated. I feel like, after having conquered all that bull **** by some hippy, and dealing with slacking off and almost not graduating high school (even though I graduated summa cum laude), I feel like recruit training will be a priviledge just to go to.
    Don't EVEN let the drill instructors know you graduated summa cum laude. You'll have enough problems looking like a redwood tree without adding "Oh, here's Mr. Thinks-He's-Smarter-Than-The-Rest-Of-Us."

Ironically, my recruiter and I just had a conversation about that, he said when I step aboard MCRD no one will know anything about me...don't tell anyone anything I've ever done, don't tell them any hobbies I have, don't tell them what I got on my ASVAB, how I did in high school, tell them nothing about my home life, because you don't want the drill instructors to know anything more about you than what they see at the Depot. And considering how stupid a civilian I am...I'm going to heed that advice.

But with my luck, my drill instructor is probably reading every post I make on this forum and is like "Hahaha...he ships June 11th? Hahaha...."

It doesn't matter, everyone is equally dumb when they get there. Just like when they show up here. Some, like yourself, learn. Others continue making an ass of themself every time they post and will do the same when they get to boot camp. They may earn the Title, but they'll do it the hard way and probably have problems for the next four years.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    After you Poolees graduate and become Marines, you will seek out the opportunities to mess with the BOOTS under you! So, having said that, we Marines find pleasure in messing with your minds, we're good at it and we love doing it! You will see, that and the fact that you will be a BOOT as long as you are in the Corps! There will always be someone senior to you, even the SGT Major of the Marine Corps has a senior, some where in the Corps, that calls him boot, maybe not to his face, but----I have heard the comments calling someone a Boot, behind his/her back! I've done it myself! My last 1st SGT had seniority over the 2MARDIV Sergeant Major, he always called him "THAT BOOT"! LMAO!

humility

Word to the wise,from my old SDI,I now wish I had listened and followed his advise.Dont think just because you've signed the dotted line you now entitled to Marine status,you're in for rude awakening when you hit the yellow foot prints.In case your a little more dense, some time in the desert sands motel (pits) or any other affectionate name.might re-align your thoughts process.If that doesnt work about 3 weeks before your graduation, the SDI can recycle you to another platoon behind you so you graduate later.You are not gonna be voted Gods gift to the Marine Corps.The learning process is just beginning after boot camp.All boot camp really does is give you a basic idea of how things are supposed to function,but sometime you'll find the real world forgot to take Marine boot 101.About the girlfriend issue,my SDI counseled us all that those of us who were'nt married,refrain from getting married till we had nco status,because you have no idea where you are about to be from one moment to the next,and its just not possible for you to pack a wife or girlfriend up everytime you ship out.and its really tight moneywise on Pvt,Pfc,LCpl pay when married.I choose not to follow the old mans advice and have paid dearly for it,I was just a fresh 17 yr old when I went to boot.Oh if I knew then, what I know now.I could be SgtMjr. with the world as my platter

Pesonally I am f/cking motivated beyond belief. Being able to one day call myself a marine is a life long goal of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by mesaRAT488
    But f/ck those kids trying to say they want to go in, but susy will miss sucking their d/ck while there gone.
    I have a girlfriend, and yes I am going to miss her and everything, but I'll be dam ned if I let that ***** get in the way of my goals in life! And for all those poolees that are pussing out because of a girl, just remember. All the ladies are going to want a peice of your balls once your a marine!

Thread Information