Please dont get me wrong in this BUT... - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    And as a rebuttle to this whole "If you cant make it as a Marine what makes you think you can do it as a cop?" Is the Marine ?orp not HARDER then being a cop? Not only that but i do not have to justify my motives, means, opinions or anything else. I simply want a question answered.

So i will still be able to attempt to join if i back out now?

Go ask your recruiter. Tell him what's up.

Well, you come here asking... so naturally people are going to ask your motives. you can't just simply answer a question without knowing the WHOLE situation. Everything could change with one little tidbit you kindly left out! ya know?

Yes, you can get out of DEP and get back into the Corps. No dep the next time you ship when they want you to and you may not get things you want. Like right now you may be elgible for the college fund or a shipping bonus. Next time they won't be so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravinloft11388
    So i will still be able to attempt to join if i back out now?
    yea you probably will, but they will be a little skeptical. i wouldnt be surprised if the recruiters dont want you back. they spent all this time and paperwork on you and you dicked them over and i dont think they want that to happen the second time.

id rather hire a Marine than some guy who went to college for a law enforcement job anyday.

my 4 cents.

thank you brentandrew and sabbs88.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravinloft11388
    thank you brentandrew and sabbs88.
    no problem, i just something about this somewhere a while ago. a recruiter spends hours on paperwork and uses a lot of his time on you and for you to back out will make him ****ed. thats why i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt like you when you come back or something lol.

hey man thats what poolee hall is for!

I just ask you think hard ya know? talk to someone maybe? possibly several!

In the end its your decision and your life remember that.

Here's my 4 cents. If the current situation in Afghanistan and Iraq are making you doubt your decision to enlist, then don't bother coming back in a year or two. What makes you think that if you do enlist again, that we won't invade some place ****tier than we are in right now? Furthermore, if you are unwilling to put your life on the line in the Marines, why would you be more willing to put your life on the line in LE?

If you don't want to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, fine. You're just like 99% of the world. But if that's why you want to "delay" your enlistment, then I don't see how going in at all would be a good idea.

Since I'm in a good mood though, I'll even use google to help you get out.
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/getout.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Kane
    Since I'm in a good mood though, I'll even use google to help you get out.
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/getout.htm
    That article says basicly what my so-called incorrect earlier post told you. A contract is a contract. Once you're in you've got to go till the end. "In" meaning at Basic. If you "quit" you can be fined or even go to jail. I would imagine it much like deserting. So, if you terminate the contract before it begins effect, you could have the option of enlisting again in the future. I hope that can clearify/help you in any way.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good post Kane. Basically that is what every one here has tried to tell him. You enlist in the Corps and do what you are told; you don't pick your fights. Apparently you want someone to hold your hand and say, there, there, it's OK, we'll be here when YOU decide you think it's a good time for YOU to go. If you don't have the sense to ask your own recruiter, and at least give him a heads up that he may be short a recruit, then call out of town and ask under an assumed name. Your attitude strikes me as a whiner who won't make it through first phase anyway. Like I said; save the Corps the time and money; you probably won't make it through police academy either. You might want some input from a LOT of Marines on this forum that are also cops about how much easier it is to be a cop than a Jarhead!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWayne
    That article says basicly what my so-called incorrect earlier post told you. A contract is a contract. Once you're in you've got to go till the end. "In" meaning at Basic. If you "quit" you can be fined or even go to jail. I would imagine it much like deserting. So, if you terminate the contract before it begins effect, you could have the option of enlisting again in the future. I hope that can clearify/help you in any way.
    Oops, posted the wrong link. Meant to use this one.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep_2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Kane
    Oops, posted the wrong link. Meant to use this one.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep_2.htm
    Well Sir, I think he has his options now;

-Go and become a Marine.
    -Pussy-out before Basic.
    -Pussy-out during Basic or service and go to jail (checked the information package for this one.)
    -Go be a cop, get some years on you, have a harder time in the future if you want to join.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWayne
    Well Sir, I think he has his options now;

-Go and become a Marine.
    -Pussy-out before Basic.
    -Pussy-out during Basic or service and go to jail (checked the information package for this one.)
    -Go be a cop, get some years on you, have a harder time in the future if you want to join.
    Well, its not basic so fix yourself. Unfortunately, there are ways around going to jail and you can get outa boot. Although suicide threats aren't the best idea ever.

I hope you realize that what you think or say only makes me realize how ****ing stupid some people can be. A person asks a question on a Q&A forum and you berate him for his decisions in life. Great ****ing job. For the guy who posted the google links, i thank you, even though you were a little harsh in your words you provided the info, again thank you. John Wayne, Lick my chode. D W George, As a marine i would expect more. Someone younger then you that may follow in your shoes asks a question or advice and you berate him. Your high and mighty ass should be an example. So to the two of you i say "I hope both your cars explode this evening and you listen to the screams of your children as you unfortunatly die slower then them."
    Block me, Ban me i dont care. I dont want to be part of a forum that supports asshats that are only here to throw around insulting opinions to make themselves feel bigger.

Thread Information