For Old Timers - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Old Timers

I remember a great number of these things but than I'm older than dirt...

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Boogieman

Quote Originally Posted by BOOGIEMAN44
    Oh My Goodness, I Do Remember Those Days, Thanks For The Trip Down Memory Lane Cadetat6, I May Be Only 42, But Those Were The Days, I Wish We Could Yell Do Over Now-a-days, And Get Away With It, I Have A Cousin Thay Lives In Novi, Mi. I Am From Adrian, Mi., Thanks For The Trip.
    I am WW2 veteran. Did you ever read my post "Crossing Equader ,1944". It was a diary of my brother-in-law ,LT. Virgil Terry who went through Marine initiation crossing Equader in 1944?

cadetat6 Art a long ago air man

cadetat6,
    Speaking of Tex Ridder, after WWII, when Texas City, TX blew up in 1946, my Grand father, father and the rest of us went there to help with the re-build (And to make a arm load of money for back then) Somewhere or other my Dad hooked up with Tex Ridder and for years there after he would just kind of show up from time to time and throw back a few with the old man...we didn't thaink anything about it; no big deal.

Bulk Fuel Association Re-union coming up on May
    5,6,&7.Lodging is available at Beautiful Mountain
    Cabins at Pigeon Forge tn.Friday night Dinner and a Show at the Black Bear Jamboree,catered breakfast on Saturday and Sunday,Re-union meeting and
    Catered Dinner at The Tennessee Aviation Museum on
    Satureday Evening.If you currently or have ever held
    the MOS of 1390 or 1391 please contact us.
    865-908-1042 or price9@bellsouth.net
    Semper Fi
    Paul Rice

Credits
    Savings
    I'm here to say, as living proof, that the "X-Ray" glasses that were advertised on the of back comic books that can make the wearer see through anything, yes, even womens garments (though not advertised as such) do not, I say do not work! The pucker up gum did work. What ever happened to Boston Blackie and the monday, wednesday and friday night fights? Man, I loved listening to Rocky Marciano's fight over the radio.

Ah yes, I remember it all. But when I was in High school, the most wanted car was a 1942 Mercury convertible -= the last one in production. 1957 Chevs were a few years down the road. No TV then so Howdy Doody had not been invented yet. My favorite cowboy star was Buck Jones. Anyone remember him? I also liked Bob Steele. I didn't care much for Gene Autry or Roy Rogers because I didn't think that real cowboys should be singing or kissin on girls, much less ride around in a Ford V-8...

Credits
    Savings

old timers

Tom Mix,,,Ken Maynard

Thread Information