Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A.s.v.a.b.

Marine Free Member p8ntballsnipr1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Question A.s.v.a.b.

ive taken the practice asvabs on military.com, but is there anything else i could do to get me ready in 3 weeks??

Not really. From what I remember it's not really somthing you study for. Just make sure you understand the basics of manipulating (converting, adding, subtracting etc.) fractions and percentages. Taking a look at some basic electrical circutry diagrams won't hurt either.

You'll be fine. And remember, you don't need a 130 GT score to be an 0311.

Urra. Joe.

The biggest thing to do is not to freak out abut it. You only need a 30 something to get into the Corps and a 60 gets you any job you want(providing its open of course). Also ask your recruiter if he has a practice one you can take. My recruiter had two different ones on the computer, when you were done it gave you an estimated score for all of the different scores they have.

The ASVAB really isn't all that difficult. As I remember, some of the sections seemed pretty silly, but never too hard. Of course, our entire senior class had to take the ASVAB, and I had no intentions of enlisting at that point. (I was intending to finish college, then enlist... things changed though.)

Just relax and take the test. You'll be fine.

There is a book out, "How to take the ASVAB" simular to the SAT and ACT types but breaks down each section. I had one when I was on recruiting duty and it helped my poolees out alot. If anything else it has some practice tests that you can take to show you what the real test is like.

Good Luck

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    There is a website that is paid for by the Army but put together by Kaplan. It's called March 2 Success. Great for test prep for ASVAB, SAT, and ACT in the general subjects of math, english, reasoning, etc...

You actually learn the material through interactive video and then take a series of test.

Just make sure that you mark "I don't want an Army doggie to contact me about joining" when you register (or something to that effect).

https://www.march2success.com

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    thanks Capt, Sgt, lcpl and cpl ( i got them right, right? haha)

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Capt, Sgt, PFC and Cpl

Registered User Free Member KingDonkeyPunch's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, the ASVAB isn't really anything to freak out about. If you can put one foot in front of the other, get dressed by yourself in the morning, and tie your own shoes, you will pass with flying colors. Just make sure you get a good breakfast in you before you take it. The body fuels the mind. Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    thnx for the correction enviro, and thanks for the help guys, im sure i wont need the luck if its as easy as u guys put it, but thanks again

i scored a 35 for the Intrance Score, could someone tell me what MOS that i could sign up for other than infantry? I would like to have something where after the Marine life, i will have skills for the ouside careers.

WJason please do not go around jacking peoples threads. You had your own for your question. You will not get a faster response if you keep posting your question on every thread. Have a little patience. Thank you.

p8ntball- You should do pretty well just based on prior knowledge. Like you have been told there are some resources online that you should be able to find with a basic google search, and march2success is a good site. Also check out your local public library; they should have a book or two about the ASVAB and studying for it and what not.

Good luck!

Everything that you're tested on in the ASVAB is basic knowledge that, if you paid attention during school, shouldn't really be a problem. I just took it about a month ago and theres basic mathematic algebra, a little general science, some physics, and mechanics as far as what tool to use with what screw etc. It's all pretty easy. My recruiters have a good luck tradition that I'll pass onto you. They gave me a red bull and green m&m's right before I took it, and I had to rub a bald guys head but that part isn't extremely necessary. It ended up working...I got a 91 and over a 120 on all seperate scores. You'll do fine, there's nothing to worry about. I never studied or anything like that, they just told me I was going to be taking it and I honestly didn't think I was ready but when I took it, it was a breeze. But yes remember...red bull and GREEN m&m's, that's the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider
    But yes remember...red bull and GREEN m&m's, that's the key.
    I can't believe I forgot that, the most important thing to remember.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WJason777
    i scored a 35 for the Intrance Score, could someone tell me what MOS that i could sign up for other than infantry? I would like to have something where after the Marine life, i will have skills for the ouside careers.
    You should as your recruiter about this. He can tell you every job you're eligible for. If you know your composite scores you can check the requirements for the jobs here:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis...marinejobs.htm

Thread Information