In response to another thread - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not that it may really matter but I tried to edit my last post..........but the time limit wouldn't allow me to do so. I found a mistake in this post.

Answer a couple questions for me please........What is or was your

APPROPRIATE rank called...?

This is where I had made a mistake in typing

Then find exactly where I posted stating calling a gunnery sgt a SGT was acceptable in any military branch....!!!

You won't find it..........because I never wrote it.
    If you recall.........gunny or top isn't proper rank referals too.

When this was brought up........... I had refered to another forum member as Sgt. I did not do this out of being disrespectful towards him or his rank.

When I wrote it...............Was I hoping all the poolees in here would follow-suit and get real salty right away.....? H*LL NO...!!

Look when I was in..........ya I know it wasn't yesterday.

I can't count how many times I refered to Lt's 1st or 2nd as LT.
    never have I got jumped for it........ Was it PROPER..? H*LL no.!!

And i'm sure somewhere you'll find an officer who would have a huge problem with the same way.........the Staff sgt who just earned his rocker had a problem with it.

POOLEES.............. follow fade2blacks advice do everything by the book........... Then you won't have to concern yourself what the small stuff wondering if someone will jump into your s*it for doing some silly s*it.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Gunny, and 3 Sgts. One of them is about to pick up SSgt which is my recuriter. I might slip and call him Sgt. maybe like once or twice but after that I will call him SSgt.

do whatever you feel is the right thing to do

ok mello yello here is a question for you...... you said he is about to pick up Ssgt if he hasn't picked up Ssgt yet then you don't call him a Ssgt you would call him a Ssgt....until he pins on the Ssgt chevrons you don't call him Ssgt you call him Sgt.

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I think he means...

I have a LCpl that jus picked up Cpl and I slipped and called him LCpl... He didnt like that, and would have made me push, But Ive known him for a long time and am sqaured away with everyone in the office, Im the Guide, The good Poolee. Its good to have them as friends.

Pel

Marinefamily, You misunderstood my words. I still call him Sgt now. I was just saying once he does get his SSgt. chevrons and has them on I might slip up and call him Sgt. because I am use to it.

Thread Information