Poolee Quiz! - Test you Knowledge! - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Sorry for my late response I was out in the mountians for a few days. Pel, the reason that it is not wrong to call Boot Camp "boot" is simple. Boot is a shortened term or a slang term used to refer to Boot Camp or Recruit Training. The reasons you would get chewed out by your Drill Instructor for saying, "I am at boot", are simple as well. First you should never use slang in conversation with your Drill Instructor as it is not appropriate. Second, is because you are not allowed to refer to yourself in the first person. The resaon your Gunny would chew you out is because of his responsibility to get you prepared for recruit training. However in everday conversation where the use of slang is appropriate it is acceptable to refer to recruit training by using the term boot.

On the subject of a Marine becoming a guardsman, you have to think about it for a minute. The phrase "Once a Marine, Always a Marine" applies. How would you feel if you made it through recruit training and some poolee had the gall to say you were an "ex-marine". Just because he switched branches does not take the title Marine away from him. Actually in some cases when a person switches to another branch they are sometimes allowed to wear the medals awarded to them by the previous branch of service. You laugh, but yet you do not know, now I laugh because I do.

SGT MAJ, MAS GUNS, SGT MAJ OF THE MARINE CORPS AND SGT MAJ OF THE BAND... 4 OF EM'

name the 14 leadership traits!

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    pabstj who are you? Are you a Marine? And no I laugh because you go against everything that Ive ever heard and everything other Marines say, I started a post, Boot Camp, or boot check it out.

What is the ball atop of the flagpole called and what is contained in it?

My question still needs to be answered

Name the 14 Leadership Traits

Judgement
    Justice

Dependability
    Initiative
    Decisiveness

Tact
    Integrity
    Endurance

Bearing
    Unselfishness
    Courage
    Knowledge
    Loyalty
    Enthusiasm

I belive that's all of them, Poolee...but I haven't checked up on them for a long while now.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The ball on top of a flagpole is called a Truck, or the proper name for it is a Finial (sp?). Nothing is contained in it. It is to decorate a solid pole or keep the rain out of a hollow pole. There used to be an Eagle on top of the flagpoles but it was removed and replaced with the Truck because flags kept getting caught on the Eagle in high winds.

Don't some flags have a spear head

Originally posted by PooleePritchard
    The ball on top of a flagpole is called a Truck, or the proper name for it is a Finial (sp?). Nothing is contained in it. It is to decorate a solid pole or keep the rain out of a hollow pole. There used to be an Eagle on top of the flagpoles but it was removed and replaced with the Truck because flags kept getting caught on the Eagle in high winds.
    So the story goes...At the base of the flag, a pistol should be found, In the truck, there should be a bullet, a razor blade, and a match. If ever a base is taken over, last Marine is to crack open the truck, shread the flag with the razor blade, and burn it with the match. The bullet is for the pistol to send the Marine to guard the gates of heaven.

How many platoons form a company

Depends where your at... if were talking the who kaboom it has rifles sections and all that...

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Three to Five

Wow theirs alot of questions being asked.........but very few answers............ You all might be a little better off if you'd stop asking questions, till some people answer a few more questions. Just a thought.

Semper-Fi

God bless the Corps

jo i think i have seen them all answered

Thread Information